We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinion on places to stay

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
25 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Opinion on places to stay

Has anyone stayed at the following hotels - Aruba Beach Club, Casa del Mar Beach Resort or The Dutch Village? How would you rate them according to accommodations, beach and places to shop. Are any of these places near a bus line? Thanks for any information. Planning to go the 2nd week in January.

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opinion on places to stay

With Aruba Beach Club (ABC), your room will be right near the beach. With Casa Del Mar, a 2 bedroom would be on the beach, a one bedroom across the street. The Divi Dutch Village (DDV) is behind the Tamarijn.

Casa Del Mar and Aruba Beach Club share the same beach. The Dutch Village shares the beach with the Tamarijn.

I have stayed at the Casa Del Mar, 1 & 2 bedroom rooms, and the Dutch Village in a studio. I have seen a studio room at ABC.

The studio room at DDV with a full kitchen (they have several different sized studios) is a lot bigger than the studio at ABC. Obviously the 2 bedroom at CDM is nice. I thought the one bedroom was very dark inside.

I have not been to Aruba since March, but the beach at the DDV was very nice then. The beach at ABC & CDM was not as big as it previously was, but that was March.

CDM and ABC share the same stores. With DDV, you would walk to the stores at the Tamarijn.

All are within walking distance of the bus.

I can't really rate each place because my opinion would depend on what size room you will get.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Opinion on places to stay

We own a Presidential Suite at Casa del Mar. These are two bedroom, two bathroom units with a full kitchen, dining area, queen size sofa bed and three televisions. The patios are large and most are oceanview. Ambassador units are across the street and are one bedroom.

Aruba beach Club units are connected to CDM and are one bedroom. As you go north from CDM, the beach gets wider. We were there in July.

Walt

3. Re: Opinion on places to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2010, 06:19