We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rentals

Boston
2 posts
Save Topic
Car Rentals

We will be visiting Aruba next week and would like some info on Car Rental companies... Econo... Royal... American.... seem to be reasonable.. We are trying to stay away from the big names but we would like fairly new cars .. Any help would be appreciated Thanks

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,359 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rentals

We've rented from Econo in the past - service was good, no problems.

Our two favorites though are Optima/Payless and Tropic. Both great companies. We've been renting from Optima (now changing their name to Payless) for the past few years now.

http://www.optimarentacar.com/

Boston
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rentals

Thank you very much Aruba Amy any info on Royal ????? I thought I would get more replies... What do you think ...

Maryland
Level Contributor
236 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rentals

We have rented from various agencies at the airport and always seem to get vans that are on their last leg. We usually have a large group and no one wants to drive so DH is stuck with it.

I must say that despite numerous warning lights coming on and off all week we have never been stranded. As long as it runs, has ac and is a good price we live with the rest.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,776 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rentals

greaat idea to rent a car iIMHO. we have rented from ECNO for 5 years whith out complaints. Cars keep getting better. www.ecno.com. they are at the airport so just get luggage, exit door, walk across road and they are 3 doors down to left.

Boston...
Level Contributor
88 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rentals

Has anyone had problems with a car breaking down? What if your car breaks down? Do you have to pay to fix the car and tow it away? Do you buy all of the insurance offered?

I know a car is really more convienent but can you get away with just using the buses to go to the beaches and restaurants?

Do the beaches provide beach chairs and umbrellas or is the only place you can get them your hotel?

Thanks

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,896 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rentals

I rented from Royal the past two years. Year one, the car/price were fine.

Only had 1/8 tank of gas though.

Year two, car was not what I ordered. Good price, but car was full of dings and very sluggish. Can't remember the model, but it was a dog. Price was very good, though. Once again, only had 1/8 tank of gas.

When I return, I will try another company.

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,457 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Rentals

We rented a car for only a couple of days - Bucuti sorted it out for us (sorry didn't know who with)...... the car was brand spankin' new, and very smart!

It only had a little engine - and was a bit sluggish...... but did the job brilliantly! Will definitely be hiring again when we return in September

8. Re: Car Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2010, 07:15