We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

condition of breach in front of tamarin

Ma. coastline, usa
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
condition of breach in front of tamarin

does anyone know what the current condition of the beach in front of the Dutch Village and Tamarin is? We were there in Nov. and it was just terrible. We returned in April and it was all repaired and wonderful. Any news? thanks Stonington

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: condition of breach in front of tamarin

We were there about a month ago and it was excellent! What was wrong with it last Nov.?

Ma. coastline, usa
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: condition of breach in front of tamarin

That's good news. We have been going for about 20 years now and some years there is no beach in front of the Tamarin - just rocks and coral and water. It was especially bad last Nov. There were only 1 or 2 small paths into the water. Stonington

Burlington...
Level Contributor
782 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: condition of breach in front of tamarin

I stayed at the Divi, great beach! The Tam had all rocks and ledge...You can always sit down further where the Divi is.

Have a wonderful time.

acushnet,Ma
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: condition of breach in front of tamarin

Plaese tell me there is a great beach at the Tamarin.I just booked our honeymoon there.The one thing we asked about was a good beach.The travel agent said all beaches in Aruba are good.Tell me this is true.

acushnet,Ma
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: condition of breach in front of tamarin

Plaese tell me there is a great beach at the Tamarin.I just booked our honeymoon there.The one thing we asked about was a good beach.The travel agent said all beaches in Aruba are good.Tell me this is true.

acushnet,Ma
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: condition of breach in front of tamarin

Oh,Please tell me there is a beautiful beach at the tamarin.We just booked our honeymoon there today.The one thing I asked the agent about was the beach.She told me all beaches in Aruba are great.Thats all I want is lots of sand to sit my fanny in.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: condition of breach in front of tamarin

I was just there last week - if I'm not mistaken, the beach in front of the Tam is sandy, but there are HUGE boulders that are at the edge of the sand, where it meets the water. You have to walk pretty far either left or right to be able to actually enter the water. I remember telling my husband I'd be pi$$ed if we were to be staying there.

MBG
The Villages...
Level Contributor
231 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: condition of breach in front of tamarin

Okay, so our experience goes WAY back to 1978 -- but I stayed at the Divi before it was an all-inclusive and we chose it because, even though it was a little more money than the Tamarijn, the beach was better. We were there in February and everyone in the Tamarijn had to be evacuated due to high surf coming up over the rocks and into the rooms. They evacuated the people to the Concorde Hotel, which was BRAND NEW (we were pretty pissed because it would have been the most expensive choice for us) -- that is what is today the Wyndham. So I think the beach erosion problem is not a new thing there.