We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants: Best for Steak; Teens

Cleveland
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants: Best for Steak; Teens

I am finalizing our restaurant list for December and would like to know where to go for the best steak that is NOT an American chain (like RUth's Chris). Looking for best quality. Also, it appears that many of the "better"/fancier restaurants are noted as "romantic," so I would like to know if these are appropriate for families. We have two teens who are foodies, so while I'd love to take them to places like Passions, which is noted for "romance," would they be out of place there? Same question with a place like Screaming Eagle, where I have been reading you can eat on a bed? How do kids fit in to a place like that?

Thanks!

Best Seller
Aruba ATV Tour with Natural Pool Swim
220 reviews
from US$78.00*
Special Offer
Aruba Off-Road Island Tour Including...
204 reviews
from US$106.99*
US$111.78
Aruba Champagne Breakfast and Lunch...
74 reviews
from US$79.00*
Aruba Catamaran Sail with Snorkeling
78 reviews
from US$42.00*
White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,851 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants: Best for Steak; Teens

El Gaucho is a great steak place for all. Big platters. May be able to share. Always crowded. Make an advance reservation. LG Smith Steak house has a good reviews, never been there.

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,467 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants: Best for Steak; Teens

Another vote for El Gaucho...

New Jersey
Level Contributor
386 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants: Best for Steak; Teens

We just got back from our 5th trip to Aruba and went to El Gaucho (5th time as well)...was brimming with families....so that would be a great bet....

The steak at Passions was good too, but that was more of a romantic setting...all but one table was a couple and I did not see any families, just a table with two couples...having said that...do what you want, it is your vacation!

Make sure to make your reservations now for December...

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,835 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants: Best for Steak; Teens

Another vote for El Gaucho - avoid crowds by having lunch -

Buccaneer has a large sea aquarium at each table, the large ones are on the left as you enter, they do not take reservations so come when they open.

Acton, Maine
Level Contributor
262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants: Best for Steak; Teens

I wouldn't avoid Madame Jeannette's. We were there in June and the Argentine Tenderloin was probably the best meal I had all week. I know people feel it is more of a romantic restaurant but I found there were many tables of families there also. I liked the atmosphere better than El Gaucho, much quieter and more relaxing. Enjoy. I don't envy your dining bill with two teen foodies on your hands. Oh for the days of chicken nuggets!

Acton, Maine
Level Contributor
262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants: Best for Steak; Teens

I just noticed your question about Passions. The night we were there I also noticed some families with older teens. I agree it wouldn't be appropriate for small children, but older teens are fine. I actually saw a family with 2 or 3 older teen girls and their table was built around the base of a palm tree, pretty cool, they seemed to have a wonderful time. I would put Passions on the list for your "foodies".

Cleveland
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants: Best for Steak; Teens

Thank you, everyone! I love Tripadvisor!

Baseball Mom, you're comment about the cost of teenage foodies and longing for the days of chicken nuggets made me LOL!

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants: Best for Steak; Teens

El Gaucho for me.... we went there in September and the meal was to die for!!

We also went to Texas de Brazil...... OMG what a wonderful experience that was.... all sorts of steak for you to drool over!!

9. Re: Restaurants: Best for Steak; Teens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2010, 05:17