We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Buciti Feedback

NJ
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need Buciti Feedback

I am going with my Fiance to the Buciti in late January. I have AGONIZED over hotel choices (TIL we narrowed it down to Aruba, then TIL we narrowed it down to Eagle Beach, then TIL I talked my SO out of 'all--inclusive'....) before finally committing to the Tara Suite at the Buciti.

My only concern are the many comments I read concerning the dankness/noisy humidifiers at the Buciti. Anyone experience a problem with this? If so, was it exclusive to a particular wing/building or the entire facility?

TIA

NJ
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Buciti Feedback

Bucuti is a great hotel, the lighting is dim in the rooms based on the energy saving bulbs that they use. You get used to it. As far as the dehumidifiers, if the noise gets to you, just shut them off at night and turn them on when you get up. They do help a great deal in keeping the room dry. Small price to pay for paradise!

South Jersey
Level Contributor
138 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Buciti Feedback

We just got back from the Bucuti a few weeks ago. When we were shown to our room, I asked about the humidifiers as I had heard so much about them on the board. They told me if it started to beep during the night to unplug it. It never beeped during the night, but did seem to turn on and off frequently. After the first couple nights, we just unplugged it before we went to bed and plugged it in again in the morning.

You'll love Bucuti, it was wonderful! We had a great vacation, loved Aruba and can't wait to go back!

NJ
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Buciti Feedback

Did the room get gross and muggy and humid when you turned it off?

South Jersey
Level Contributor
138 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Buciti Feedback

No, it was fine, the door was shut and the air conditioner was running. No problem at all.

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,457 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Buciti Feedback

As we're from the U.K. - we've not had much dealings with the humidifiers...... I couldn't believe the amount of people moaning about waking up to the sound of beeping when they are full.......... Why not empty them BEFORE you go to bed?!!! We did!

We just loved Bucuti..... went to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary...... did loads of homework - and narrowed it down........absolutely PERFECT!!!

We will be returning again next year.....

atlanta
Level Contributor
23 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Buciti Feedback

My husband and I are leaving tomorrow for our sixth visit to Bucuti. The percentage of guests who are repeaters tell the story. I cannot imagine not loving this place.No need to worry. Enjoy this time together.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
351 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Buciti Feedback

We stayed in the Penthouse suite at Bucuti in October. It was nice, not what we from the States consider a penthouse tho, and the dehumidifiers DO buzz during the night, even when DH emptied them before we went to bed. I got up almost every night to unpug them! I thought this was a real inconvenience, especially staying in a "penthouse" ! Our son stayed at the Marriott Stellaris (which is beautiful after the reno) and there was no dehumidifier anywhere to be seen! That is my only complaint (that & the food at the Pirate's Nest) at the Bucuti. The view from the suites is amazing & the beach is to die for! Enjoy your honeymoon there, you will LOVE it.

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Buciti Feedback

I don't even remember the de-humidifiers at the Bucuti! I loved everything about that place!

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,892 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need Buciti Feedback

We only ran the humidifier when we were out of the room. Bucuti is a great resort and Tara Suites are terrific. You made a good choice. Hope that you write a trip report.

10. Re: Need Buciti Feedback

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2010, 06:19