We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aruba Or Barbados, Lodging, Food, Overall $$ Cost

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Aruba Or Barbados, Lodging, Food, Overall $$ Cost

Aruba Or Barbados, Lodging, Food Overall $$ Cost ??

Although similar, Comparing the 2 is like Apples & oranges.

I would like to know peoples opinions on.

Lodging =

Food =

weather =

overall $$ Cost =

If you had 10 days to 2 weeks, Which island would you go to?

Or maybe another Caribbean island?

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,523 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aruba Or Barbados, Lodging, Food, Overall $$ Cost

Its difficult we all want something different from a holiday

But if you are comparing just Barbados and Aruba I would say

Aruba has better weather year round -little rain and the breeze keeps you from getting too hot (I had one week in Bermuda of solid rain one December )

Both places have a great choice of restaurants -but Aruba has places in all price ranges that are great - In Barbados some places are Soooo expensive there are really onltyfor therich and famous !

Lodging - equally as good - perhaps Hotels better in Aruba - but we had an amazing apartment in Barbados a couple of months ago

london
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Aruba Or Barbados, Lodging, Food, Overall $$ Cost

Barbexpat - had a quick look at flights but only direct flights from May to November, i thought their climate was all year round, to have to stopover in Miami adds valuable hours to travelling and not lazing in sun. We prefer to have our two week main holiday in January, is this wise in Aruba?

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,523 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aruba Or Barbados, Lodging, Food, Overall $$ Cost

I have just returned from Aruba (we have a Marriott Surf Club time share )

We love the place - esp in January when the weather in Europe is terrible

BUT- the journey is a real killer - we have been via Atlanta (overnight stops) and via Miami - the same Next year I think we will go via Atlanta again - the airport is easier to cope with

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,523 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aruba Or Barbados, Lodging, Food, Overall $$ Cost

I believe its also possible to fly via Holland -Martinair ?

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aruba Or Barbados, Lodging, Food, Overall $$ Cost

Hi, Thank you,

I live in the USA, I also have to go to the east coast & have a several hour lay over to get to Aruba,

Either New Yourk, Atlanta or Miami. Depending on the airline.

I am looking forward to going soon. Prob after the spring break crowd.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,300 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aruba Or Barbados, Lodging, Food, Overall $$ Cost

Consider the time of year you are traveling. Aruba is pretty far south and would rarely get hit by a hurricaine. Barbados is in the hurricane prone area and I would avoid it during hurricane season.

las vega, nv
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aruba Or Barbados, Lodging, Food, Overall $$ Cost

Last december (2009) we traveled to Barbados for 9 days (1st time) then flew from there to Aruba for 2 weeks (second time in Aruba). Although I am glad I saw Barbados, we prefer Aruba for many reasons. The beach in Aruba (Eagle Beach, not Palm Beach) is far nicer than Dover beach in Barbados. It is very humid in Barbados, the weather in Aruba much more preferable with the trade wind and no humidity. Better choice of restaurants in Aruba with more choice of price range. Aruba is not in the hurricane belt, whereas Barbados is. The shopping selection in Aruba much better than Barbados. So there you have it, my opinion. Hope it helps!

8. Re: Aruba Or Barbados, Lodging, Food, Overall $$ Cost

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2010, 07:17