We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ABC Tour - Your Opinion

ca
Level Contributor
199 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
ABC Tour - Your Opinion

My family and I are doing a land and water tour. We already booked our water tour - jolly pirates and very excited but we hesitant about the land tour.

i keep reading theat the ABc Tour is very dangerous and you go up and down extremely steep hills. A few people thought there Jeep was going to flip over.

I don't mind a little adventure but want to keep my kids and wife safe. My kids are 12 and 16.

Any thoughts on this tour and which one if so would you recommend?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
ABC Tours Aruba
ABC Tours Aruba
8,569 Reviews
Aruba
MAW Island Tour
City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Bus Tours
Aruba Go Cherry ATV Tours & More
Sightseeing Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,966 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ABC Tour - Your Opinion

I would feel very safe with ABC Jeep tours. They have been at this for a long time and the island has not gotten any steeper ;) Their drivers know what they are doing.

It also is highly rated here on TA tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147248-d5…

I just skimmed through the last 10 reviews and there was only one mention of the bumpiness and no mention of danger. Jeep tours are one of the only ways to get to the Natural Pool. This is a bumpy challenging ride. If you are at all fearful imo, just find a tour which does not go there.

You can also reach the Natural Pool by horseback but it is going to be no less bumpy and it is going to be a challenging ride.

Mentioned in this post
ABC Tours Aruba
ABC Tours Aruba
8,569 Reviews
Aruba
Natural Pool
Natural Pool
2,230 Reviews
Aruba
Rhode Island
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: ABC Tour - Your Opinion

I agree that ABC Tours is fine :-) We used them last year...

Went to the Natural Pool - I hated the steep, bumpy, narrow roadways (but I was the ONLY one!!!) Easy enough to just hang on, close your eyes and trust your driver. I survived :-)

FYI: unless you request ahead to be passengers in the tour guide's jeep, your drive your own jeep......

Mentioned in this post
ABC Tours Aruba
ABC Tours Aruba
8,569 Reviews
Aruba
Natural Pool
Natural Pool
2,230 Reviews
Aruba
Alabama
Level Contributor
703 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ABC Tour - Your Opinion

I went on the ABC 5.5 hour half day tour today. It did not go to Natural Pool, so I can't comment on that aspect. We went to the lighthouse, natural bridge, gold mine ruins, ostrich farm and baby beach. It was very bumpy at times, but I never felt in danger, and I believe that if my 8 year old were with us, we would bring him along without hesitation. There were seatbelts, and the seats were very well padded. We had a great time!

Mentioned in this post
ABC Tours Aruba
ABC Tours Aruba
8,569 Reviews
Aruba
Natural Pool
Natural Pool
2,230 Reviews
Aruba
Manchester, New...
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ABC Tour - Your Opinion

We used ABC tours also. It was great! I do admit it was bumpy and we did get stuck on one hill but that was because the person driving (someone in our party) didn't give it enough gas. I felt extremely safe

Mentioned in this post
ABC Tours Aruba
ABC Tours Aruba
8,569 Reviews
Aruba
The Great Northeast
Level Contributor
47 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ABC Tour - Your Opinion

ABC Tour was great. Bumpy but exciting. We had a blast!! We went to the Natural Pool. I think your kids will have fun.

Mentioned in this post
ABC Tours Aruba
ABC Tours Aruba
8,569 Reviews
Aruba
Natural Pool
Natural Pool
2,230 Reviews
Aruba
6. Re: ABC Tour - Your Opinion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2010, 05:16