We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Aruba

St. Louis
1 post
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Aruba

My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon for Sept. 11-18 somewhere in Aruba. We both agree an AI resort is a good place to start, just to have the convenience of having everything "in house". We aren't expecting 5 star meals but we don't want to feel pressured to go out every night. That being said our TA has provided us with a great list of resorts ranging in price from $1900 per person to $2600. I wanted to those frequent travelers where we should stay. Thank you in advance for your replies.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Aruba

Hello,

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! My husband and I also honeymooned in Aruba and have been back for the past 4 years! We absolutely love Aruba. We had done an All-Inclusive our very first trip to Aruba and stayed at the Tamarijn. We liked it but found we weren't really eating and drinking our money's worth. The island has excellent restaurants. The next year, for our honeymoon, we stayed at the Bucuti Tara Beach Suits. I would highly recommend the Bucuti for your honeymoon. The beach is the absolute best on the island and also very quiet. They offer a continental breakfast and the rooms have a refrigerator/microwave so you can make a trip to the grocery store for drinks/snacks, etc. Check out the Bucuti and see what you think. We recommended it to our friends who got married in October and they loved it!

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,039 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Aruba

I'm with Tramag-look at the Bucuti. If you decide you want to be in the Palm Beach area, which is busier and you can walk to alot of things, then I'd suggest you look at the Hyatt or Radisson. If you really want to have the convenience of AI then I'd look at the Riu.

Hope you have a wonderful wedding and I'm sure your honeymoon in Aruba will be great no matter where you stay.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,691 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Aruba

I agree with arubaweek6.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Aruba

Hands down - the Bucuti. I wouldn't even consider anywhere else.

You can do a search on this board, and pull up lots of threads with Bucuti discussions for more information.

Don't recommend A.I. in Aruba; just too many great places to eat. If you don't want to go out every night, there's Pizza Bobs right by Bucuti. Get a pizza and watch the sunset on the beach. Lots of other good walkable options from the Bucuti.

Edited: 28 May 2010, 17:22
Hamilton Sq, NJ
Level Contributor
737 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Aruba

I have to agree with all of the above but if you insist on AI, then I would recommend the Rui.

Teanne

Apex, North Carolina
Level Contributor
66 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in Aruba

My honeymoon place as well 7 years ago-stayed at the Hyatt and been back twice since then-Buciti is very nice-look at the Westin-anyplace you decide will be great since Aruba is one of the best place to go-CONGRATS and enjoy yourself!!!!

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,272 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon in Aruba

Bucuti Bucuti Bucuti! Or if you want to be in the middle of the action, the Hyatt.

8. Re: Honeymoon in Aruba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2010, 06:19