We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good couples hotel in aruba?

NYC Suburbs, NY
Level Contributor
91 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
good couples hotel in aruba?

We had settled on couples negril for our honeymoon, but because of the political stuff going on in Jamaica we are exploring other options.

Can you recommend a resort like couples negril in Aruba?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,894 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good couples hotel in aruba?

There are very few AI resorts in Aruba because it is a safe island to be out and about and has many great restaurants (both casual and high end) to choose from. If you like to go out to different restaurants at night and enjoy some nightlife, skip the AI on Aruba.

If you want a good couples hotel, I would pick the Bucuti - nice, smaller, quiet hotel located on a huge beach and they cater to couples. However, it is NOT an AI hotel.

If your heart is set an on AI resort, then I would look at the RIU (although it is not adults only.)

KVR
Odessa, Texas
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good couples hotel in aruba?

If you want a resort like Couples, look at the Secrets resorts in the Riviera Maya of Mexico. Other good choices are the Iberostar Grand Paraiso, Grand Velas, Excellance Riviera Cancun, El Dorado Maroma Beach, or the Valentin Imperial. If you're interested in resorts that include off site excursions in the price like Couples, any of the Palace resorts in Mexico have some excursions included.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,609 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good couples hotel in aruba?

I agree with Amy. Bucuti Beach Hotel. Check out the Tara Suites. They are beachfront and adult only. The hotel is located on Eagle Beach which is certainly amongst the finest in the Caribbean. Bucuti does include breakfast with its price. Aruba's restaurants are fantastic. Just have a light lunch or some snacks between breakfast and dinner. I am absolutely certain that you will love the Tara Suites for your honeymoon. Aruba is very safe to explore. No need to be confined to the resort. Also, if you get tired of steak, lobster, etc. just go next door to Pizza Bob's for good pizza and a beer.IMO, you got a break because of that unrest in Jamaica. You couldn't drag me to that island. Went there once. One and done.

bucuti.com

Glen Mills...
Level Contributor
575 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good couples hotel in aruba?

I'm with Tony...one and done with Jamaica...we will never go back.

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good couples hotel in aruba?

We stayed last year at Couples Swept Away and there really is nothing quite like that on Aruba-unlike other islands you can safely travel around Aruba, so no need for big expansive all inclusive type resorts. Amy is right that Bucuti is the closest you will come to the mostly couples laid back atmosphere.

We recently stayed at the Valentin Imperial Maya in the Riviera Maya-some great resorts down there at good prices. We had a great vacation, but I prefer the islands of the Caribbean-just a personal preference.

I would give Aruba a try-you just might have a new destination for the future.

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: good couples hotel in aruba?

Yes I agree with the previous posts about Bucuti Aruba. My husband and I just returned yesterday from there. It was amazing! There were no kids. You don't need to do AL since it is very safe to walk around in Aruba. We were very pleased with our choice. (I will do a review soon) We see the RIU in the high rise area which looked sooooooooo pretty ( I think the best in the high rise ) If you are must do AI then that would be a good choice. Also we went to Jamaica last year and hated it!! The people were so rude. They stand there and count their tips in front of you! We will never go back...EVER!! In Aruba, the people are so friendly. It is just a wonderful romantic place.

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: good couples hotel in aruba?

Another vote for Bucuti. Eagle Beach is gorgeous and does not feel crowded like the high rise section.

SE USA
Level Contributor
753 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: good couples hotel in aruba?

I would love to go to Jamaica...sorry you are having to look at other options.

Aruba is a nice couples destination ...IMO.

Bucutti, Manchebo, Oceania, Amsterdam manor....

Browse this map of Aruba:

maps.google.com/maps/ms…

Also love the US Virgin Islands....

Happy Planning!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
124 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: good couples hotel in aruba?

We've been to Jamaica, Mexico (Royal in Playa Del Carmen) and to Aruba 3 times. I would never go back to Jamaica or Mexico... there is no resort perfect enough in the world to feel unsafe for a week in a foreign country. Aruba was the most relaxing, beautiful, safe vacation we have ever had. We stayed at the Stellaris and this July are trying the Hyatt, go and enjoy a nice dinner out or at your resort. The restaurants are great there! Anyway just my opionion on the options discussed in this thread.

10. Re: good couples hotel in aruba?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2010, 07:33