We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Am I losing my mind..........

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
579 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Am I losing my mind..........

Or am I not reading the websites correctly??? My husband and I would like to vacation in Aruba next February and we're looking for a place to stay between $200 - 250 night. Could either be Eagle or Palm beach area. Does such a place exist?? My daughter and I are also planning on coming back in May for a mother/daughter trip. I can't believe how expensive the hotels are. Any alternatives?? I'm not cheap, but WOW!!!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,935 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Am I losing my mind..........

You're going during high season - and Aruba is not a cheap island as far as hotels, especially during high season.

Your best bet would be to look for a timeshare rental from an owner. It would be alot less than a hotel.

Hamilton Sq, NJ
Level Contributor
737 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Am I losing my mind..........

Amy is right as usual!! I would suggest you look to rent a timeshare also. We do not go at this time of the year and I understand it is high season, but have you tried travelocity and expedia or even redweek?

There is a bulletin board that has a section for timeshare rentals. Check out aruba-bb.com

Teanne

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,227 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Am I losing my mind..........

What Amy said. The only other option would be to look around for some good package deals, but they will be hard to come by in February.

Glenwood Springs, CO
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Am I losing my mind..........

We LOVE Aruba...in October! Low season, great deals, uncrowded beaches, and the same great weather!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Am I losing my mind..........

In addition to peak-season resort rates, we found the airlines charge double what we pay in July. Even much less expensive venues, such as the Riviera Maya, are much more in February.

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Am I losing my mind..........

Amy is right about the timeshares being your best bet. We like to stay a few extra days and have had luck on Priceline and bookit. If you do a package you should check out orbit, expedia and the Aruba website. Personally I'd recommend the timeshare since you can make breakfast and lunch easy and convenient. Up where Amy stays is beautiful and we own at the Phoenix and are pretty happy there.

Truthfully we've stayed all over and had a great vacation wherever we are in Aruba.

Maryland
Level Contributor
315 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Am I losing my mind..........

High Season prices.....

In May you should be able to get alot better deal...If your willing to take a chance I've used PL 2'x's and easyclicktravel 1 time- We've been for the last 3 May's in a row 1st (2008- PLine)- Marriott Stellaris- $125 nightly, 2nd (2009-Easyclick) Westin $107 nightly which included daily breakfast buffet for 2-which is great, 3rd (2010-PLine)- Westin- $108 nightly-no breakfast. These rates are the reason we go in May we can stay for 10 nights and not break the bank and have wonderful dinners....

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,258 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Am I losing my mind..........

February is a great time to be in Aruba. It is "high Season" Plain fares go up, hotels go up. We plan a lot to travel in February. check out www.La Cabana.com Time share places may be a good place to stay.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,215 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Am I losing my mind..........

If you have a little flexibility as to where you stay line up the airfare (just confirm it is available for the dates you want at a price you want) and then bid for the hotel on Priceline. I would be hard pressed to think that you would pay more than $150 a night (start the bid at $100) for any of the resorts that they use. At that price you can't go wrong.

Barre, Vermont
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Am I losing my mind..........

We just got back last night. June is low season. No crowds. No waiting in line for anything. Flew American. Air Fare was lower.Have a timeshare at Carribean Palm Village. About a mile from Palm Beach. Nice smaller resort. Very secure. Kind of quiet in low season. Seemed to be quite a few units availe this time of year.