We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airline prices

Walpole, MA
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Airline prices

I am planning an Aruba trip next March. In the past we always travelled AA. nonstop. Now there are no non stop trips on AA. The schedule shows trips with stops 4 and 5 hours between flights and some that are overnight stopovers! Also the prices have skyrocketted from last year. Does anyone have any suggestions on the quickest flights and the cheapest? What would be a good price roundtrip for a senior from Boston? Thanks

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,686 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airline prices

http://www.kayak.com/r/O8UUmY

New York
Level Contributor
1,910 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airline prices

Jetblue has non-stop flights on the weekends. However, they currently only have tickets for sale for travel through 2/28/10 at this point. If you can be patient, their tickets are usually released something like 6 months beforehand.

Stinky, New Jersey...
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airline prices

Hey NYer...its your old TA Pal Futzy Wutzy!!

I was lucky to get 2 seats together round trip on a non stop Continental flight from Newark a few weeks ago. The seat chart just showed one seat on my return flight so I called and the very nice lady got me 2 seats together.

I know this doesn't help you Waawoo but I just wanted to say hello to NYer. Hope all is well with you Nyer and happy travels.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airline prices

1. airfares are overall more expensive than last year

2. do any airlines still offer senior discounts?

3. Non-stop from Boston, Jet Blue is going to be your choice

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airline prices

Like you, we always went AA non-stop from Logan and last year we paid just over $350 p/p in February.

Now as you've read, your only option at this point for non-stop is JetBlue and I just booked a couple of weeks ago and paid just over $500 p/p. We're also coming back on Valentine's Day rather than staying since the nonstops are now limited to weekends and I think Monday. Don't understand this since they always seemed to fill the flights, but that's your only choice it seems now.

New York
Level Contributor
1,910 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airline prices

Hey Futzy Wutzy...haven't seen you around in ages! Nice to see you again, but if we post any more off-topic stuff, it's going to be deleted. Hoping Jersey isn't too stinky lately.

Massachusetts
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Airline prices

Jet Blue schedule now goes into May as of last night. I just booked out of Boston In March non stop for $656.00 incl. tax per person. Higher than last year as we too always went AA. I checked AA and US Air and AA was $830.00 and US Air was $600.00 Good Luck

8. Re: Airline prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2011, 05:17