We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Waves

Salem, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
75 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Waves

How are the waves at Manchebo Beach? I've read in other posts that Palm Beach has calm waves and Eagle Beach has larger waves. How does Manchebo compare? Thank you.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Waves

Hi - I was just at the Manchebo a couple of weeks ago...the waves between the two beaches are completely different. At Palm Beach (the high-rise area) the water was very calm, just like lapping up against the sand. At Manchebo, the waves were much bigger. A lot of older children were out with their boogie-boards. Getting into the water was a *little* difficult, when trying not to get drenched by the first waves, but once you are in, it was great. You can hang out in the water and float up and down with the incoming waves. Definitely better, IMHO.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
430 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Waves

My experience is that Palm Beach is it is very calm. Eagle Beach has a little bit of rippling water -- you couldn't call them waves.

Manchebo Beach has some sections where you can catch a ride on a very moderately sized wave -- and this is on a boogie board. No major surf to speak of on that side of the island. For true surfers you have to go closer to the other side of the island (i.e. windward vs. leeward).