We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mold issues at Divi Phoenix

Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Topic
mold issues at Divi Phoenix

We have a trip scheduled in Feburary to stay in the new tower at the Phoenix Divi.Their have been numerous recent TA reports of this mold issue. Does anyone know if its truly that bad.I know when we go to the Riviera Maya our rooms always smell musty and so does all our luggage when we come home. Anyone with any insight?

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mold issues at Divi Phoenix

We just stayed there in February and it was beautiful. Don't remember reading about mold here on this forum.

Edited: 16 October 2010, 22:01
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mold issues at Divi Phoenix

we own a timeshare at the divi pheonix and have never smelled "mold/ mildew" . Im not saying it doenst happen or people are lying, but dont forget it is a tropical island. People leave the a/c on and sliding doors open . Just make sure when u check in you goto your room and smell it prior to unpacking etc. We will be there in 14 days and cant wait we love it there, I believe its probably the nicest beach around and very relaxing place , any questions ask away.. 13th trip upcoming at Divi Phoenix

Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: mold issues at Divi Phoenix

Thanks for your responses.I was reading the reports on the hotels TA site.Their are numerous recent reports about it.I was starting to get a bit concerned.My travel agent speaks very highly of the place.

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mold issues at Divi Phoenix

I've said this before-when I plan a trip to a new place, I go to the forums first and rely heavily on their opinions. Two reasons for that: 1.they tend to know the most about that location and 2. They aren't typically a one time poster who had a bad trip.

The Phoenix is a beautiful timeshare resort-perfect no, but I bet you'll love!

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,488 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mold issues at Divi Phoenix

We stayed at the Phoenix in March. Upon arrival, we were put into a studio room. By the middle of the night, we realized just how bad the smell of mold/must was, so we requested another room the next day and were moved with no problem.

A few days later, we spoke to a group of timeshare owners that we had become friendly with. They told us that the washer/dryer combination appliance was a problem in some of the units which is what caused the smell.

Even with the small issue we had, I would stay at the Phoenix again in a minute - we absolutely LOVED it. I would definitely do what another poster suggested and not even unpack if you find the unit smells funky. Enjoy!!!

6. Re: mold issues at Divi Phoenix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2011, 05:16