We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I cancel the vacation?

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Should I cancel the vacation?

I have a plan to go Aruba on Nov.14 for 7 days.

This is my first time to Caribbean vacation but I concern the beach condition on November.

Someone said the beach water is smelly, dirty and lots flies and mosquitoes go around on September to November, is it really true?

Should I cancel the vacation? I don't want to ruin my first vacation in Caribbean :(

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,893 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I cancel the vacation?

LOL! Sorry, but who told you such a thing?

We vacation in Aruba every Sept. for 2+ weeks (and have also made a couple of Nov. trips as well) and the water is crystal clear and there is no smell.

Only time you'll experience mosquitos/flies is if there is an unsual amount of rain which doesn't happen very often.

In my 22 trips to Aruba I've had to use bug spray twice.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,407 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I cancel the vacation?

I was there last week and the beach was not smelly, dirty or fly covered. You shouldn't listen to anything else that person tells you.

Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,574 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I cancel the vacation?

Now two "someones" have said this is not the case.

New York
Level Contributor
758 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Should I cancel the vacation?

Make that three... Leaving in 7 days . We always go either October or November. No smelly, dirty, flies, or mosquitoes. However We do find sunshine, beautifull beaches, warm water, great food, good people, and a great time. Cancel????

5. Re: Should I cancel the vacation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 November 2010, 11:35
Attleboro...
Level Contributor
141 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Should I cancel the vacation?

Make it 4 - we leave on Nov 14 for a week as well. We have travelled there almost every year for the last 7 - always in Non and haven't had any of these issues. Enjoy!

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Should I cancel the vacation?

I'm new here and this trip to Aruba is my first vacation without my parent's help. I apologize if I have too rude and stupid question. I am very nervous and concerned about the beach condition on rainy season in Aruba and I don't want to ruin my vacation, that's all.

Thank you all for kind replies :)

Sittingbourne...
Level Contributor
230 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Should I cancel the vacation?

Hi Northownway

Your question is fair and reasonable, that is the point of Trip Advisor, ask a question and you will get an answer. Some posters are very protective of their vacation islands, which I must admit to, feel the same. You certainly do not need to cancel your vacation as Aruba is a wonderful clean and safe island with beaches that can compare to the best.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,407 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Should I cancel the vacation?

One of the nice things about this forum, is that it is easy to see what the person posting has posted in other discussions, so you can decide how much you wish to trust their opinions.

I'm sure you will have a great time. Please return to this forum and make a trip report.

Edited: 04 November 2010, 12:47
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,893 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Should I cancel the vacation?

Northtownway -

Please go to Aruba and do not worry about the weather. You will have a great time (I hope that you will anyway!) Safe travels and have a wonderful trip. :)