We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

renaissance ocean suites

new york
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
renaissance ocean suites

i will be going with my husband and 12 year old daughter for february break. We are doing the all inclusive because its easy with my daughter and the variety of resataurants available on the AI plan is quite vast. Has anyone recently done this? Is it worth it? We booked an ocean suite. Are those the rooms that were renovated? From the pix it looks very nice. I am hoping there will be lots of other kids for her to play with. I heard the pool was under some type of renovation as we speak. Does anyone know whenthat will be complete? Or what exactly is being done? Any info would be greatly appreciated...Thanks in advance

philadelphia, usa
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: renaissance ocean suites

you and your daughter should have a great time! i have been going to aruba for ten years and at this point would not do all inclusive unless it included el gaucho, madame janette, papiamento, gasparito and rumba, the plaza cafe is where we eat lunch -- indonesian style peanut sauce to die for! there are plenty of assorted kidsand stuff that kids enjoy (check out the parrots across from the plaza cafe. the little deli(sort of) across from the suites but is expensive, the fun is the supermarket in town behind the marina renaissance- check out the varieties of dutch cheese and snacks to keep in your fridge.

no need for bottled water- they have a 1st class purification plant.

you don't really need a car, the cabs willtake you anywhere.

the people are friendly and the island IS SAFE! enjoy!

luckyderosa-philly

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,411 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: renaissance ocean suites

Hi benbel - the Renaissance Ocean Suites are great. We stayed there the end of June and had a great time. We didn't do AI but would consider it if we stayed there again because of the list of restaurants you get to choose from on their plan. The pool was in need of some work (lose or missing tiles) when were were there so it's good to hear they are fixing it. The beach at the Ocean Suites is just a small lagoon but the private island is amazing and a fun water taxi ride away. When you come out of the resort, it's a short walk to the right towards the Marina, along the water. You will need your room card to access the water taxi (so will your daughter). The ride is about 5 - 8 minutes. When you dock at the island, the left side is the "adult" side where you may see some topless sunbathing and it's also the side with the flamingos. We have some great pictures of our daughter with the flamingos. The left side is the "family" side and it's also the side with the bathrooms, towel sign outs, float sign outs, and the restaurant. At many other resorts it's necessary to get up early (like 6:00 am) to go out to the beach to reserve a palapa for shade from the sun. What we loved about the Renaissance Ocean Suites was the water taxi doesn't begin bringing people over until 7:00 a.m. so that's the earliest you can even get on the island. We thought we were really late in leaving for the island on our first day - 8:15 am. We got there around 8:30 am and there was practically no one there so we were able to sleep in and still get shade no matter what time of the morning we got to the island. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,411 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: renaissance ocean suites

Two more things; on the private island you are located directly across from the airport. I've seen a few people complain on line that they didn't like the noise. For us it was great to be able to watch the planes land and take off and they have a viewing area near the restrooms to do this.

And if you love to snorkel you will see some fish inside the beach rock barrier on the island but you will see lots of fish, all different sizes/colors outside of the beach rock barrier.