We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport wait times

BOSTON, MA
Level Contributor
30 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Airport wait times

Just got back, flew in on a thursday at 1 on dec 9th, took us 30 minutes to go through immigration. Left on a tuesday at 1, took a total of 20 minutes to go though everything, from door to gate, couldn't believe it, no lines anywhere, We did not check luggage, if you're checking luggage I would allow an hour for that, long lines. 2 bars and restaurants near the gates.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,260 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport wait times

And if you're flying on a weekend I would allow even more time for your departure from Aruba....and add more time on top of that once high season begins on Dec. 18th.

Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,605 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport wait times

We returned on Wednesday, December 8th and our experience was similar to BIANCA12. We were on CO flight leaving at 3:55 PM for EWR. We arrived at the airport at 1:15, checked our bags, went through the dual securities, had a slice of pizza at Sbarro's and were at the gate by 2:30. Of course, the flight was almost an hour late in arriving in Aruba.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport wait times

Also, if you take a laptop or other electronic device that they hand check at security....do not pack it all away....we saw a lady throwing a fit at the second security check when you go through the customs check because she had to unpack her laptop again.

BOSTON, MA
Level Contributor
30 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport wait times

I wonder why we have to go through 2 security checks? once you're past one why another? on the 2nd check, i beeped walking through the detector, had to take off my watch. One guy took off his belt and his pants fell down.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,260 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport wait times

One is while you're still "in Aruba" and the second is after you have "arrived in the U.S." (after you've cleared U.S. Customs.)

Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,605 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport wait times

And now there is a third possible check at the gate. There are tables set up before you enter the jetway and some passengers are pulled off the line for a further check. I think it has to do with employment.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,260 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport wait times

The random check at the gate has nothing to do with employment. It is heightened security measures per the U.S. (since you are technically on U.S. soil once you pass U.S. Customs and are in the gate area.) The random gate checks have happened before in the past shortly after the "shoe bomber", etc.

Charlotte, North...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport wait times

do you know if there was a presidents club lounge at the airport. I cudnt find one online

Charlotte, North...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport wait times

do you know if there was a presidents club lounge at the airport. I cudnt find one online

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport wait times

There is not a Continental President's club lounge at the airport in Aruba.