We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baby Beach?

Syracuse, New York
7 posts
Save Topic
Baby Beach?

is Baby Beach worth a day trip? i have heard mixed reviews, and we are at great beach (Palm).

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,397 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baby Beach?

I'm sure you will get different opinions, but we didn't find Baby Beach all that interesting/exciting. If you are out "exploring" anyway it's certainly worth a stop for a few minutes, but I would not make a special effort to go just to BB. We actually found other beaches on the eastern end of the island that we thought were more interesting/pretty. You might combine BB with some exploring of that general part of Aruba.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baby Beach?

I am one of the reviews that will say...an entire day on Baby Beach would be a waste of time unless you have other things to do in the area. I've given BB 3 chances and all 3 times I left before an hour hit. Just don't like the atmosphere there at all, so no more chances.

Yarmouth Port...
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baby Beach?

i was there 2 years ago i hope it has been cleaned up since then. we walked the beach from end to end, all we saw was trash everywhere. not to mention the stray dogs that where tied in abandoned buildings and wandering on the beach. on the plus side i hear the snorkeling there is great, but there is something to be said of the huge oil refinery off in the distance. not pretty.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
933 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baby Beach?

We are the ones that always go to Baby Beach and really enjoy it. We were last there about 2 weeks ago. They have installed trash containers - I did not see any trash. We always wonder about the school buses that come-do the kids at school go there every day? It looks like they were teaching them swimming this time we there. We buy some beers from the vendor (our part to help the local economy :) ), enjoy the sun, the calm water and people watching. We just find it so different from the hotel beaches and a nice change. We also go over the Dive center after leaving the beach for a drink too.

In regards to the refinery, no it is not pretty but I guess not every place be can be Disneyified.

Edited: 17 December 2010, 00:38
New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baby Beach?

We also like spending a morning at Baby Beach. I like the calm water and snorkeling (average, but fun). On the way back to Palm beach we usually stop for lunch -- Charlie's or B55. We're thinking about stopping at Zeerovers if it's open for lunch on our next trip (in a couple of weeks).

It really depends on what you like to do. We like visiting different beaches. I'd recommend at least going once, and then you can decide if you want to go again on your next trip.

Ramsey N.j
Level Contributor
566 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baby Beach?

As you know everyone has different opinions. We really liked baby beach. WE had rented snorkle gear for the week and that was one of our favorite places to snorkel. We just left Dec. 12th so this is a recent review. Its vey calm and clear. We did not see the gargage someone mentioned above. We did go during the week for 3 visits and liked seeing the locals- I can see on the weekends it getting more crowded. There is a refinery in the far back ground if you look that way-no big deal. We also enjoyed seeing the local kids take swimming lessons and playing about. They rent chairs and stuff if you want them. Have a small snack and drink bar. On the way back you can hit Charlies bar and Essoville rumm shop for the coldest balashi's ever! We also hit Saveneta and Zeerovers on the way back. Found a really good supermarket out that way too. We also found a two great take away places for BBQ and breakfast sandwiches. Very good and cheep too! Pick up some guda cheese and fruit and some wine or beer and have a picinic. One of the best things about it was the weather. We found it sunny there where back at the hotel our friends said it rained and was cloudy there several days! Have fun in worth it!

Sean and Susan

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,787 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Baby Beach?

Baby Beach is a nice place to snorkel. It would be a miserable place to lay on the beach.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
53 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Baby Beach?

Went once several years ago. Definitely overrated.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
146 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Baby Beach?

We were very disappointed with Baby Beach. Our expectations were much higher. Extremely crowded, snorkeling was just "so-so". We went to Boca Catalina and loved it! Had to tear ourselves away at the end of the day.

If you like snorkeling, try this link. Great reviews on beaches, snorkeling, directions (right down to landmarks and available parking), skill level needed etc.

www.shorediving.com/Earth/ABC/Aruba/index.htm

Syracuse, New York
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Baby Beach?

Thanks.....i think we will make it a short stop and eat at Charlie's..thanks everyone

Edited: 18 December 2010, 17:53