We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good casual eats close to Divi Phoenix

Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Topic
good casual eats close to Divi Phoenix

I've made all my reservations for the nicer restaurants, thanks to all of your great recommendations.Can you give me suggestions of places that we could walk to for a casual lunch/dinner.We are staying at the Divi Phoenix timeshares.

New York
Level Contributor
937 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good casual eats close to Divi Phoenix

Hard Rock Cafe, Buster's Garage, Tomatoe Charlies, Casa Tua, Hooters, Benihenna, Salt & Pepper, Smokey Joes, Subway, Sbarro Italian Eatery, Tony Roma's to name a few.

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,094 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good casual eats close to Divi Phoenix

We go to Bugaloe our first night for a relxing and fun casual dinner. Also, on the Property there is the Sunset Bistro which is fine for a late lunch.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good casual eats close to Divi Phoenix

I would put in another vote for Salt & Pepper...my husband and I ate there 3 times on our trip.

Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: good casual eats close to Divi Phoenix

Thanks a bunch for all of your help with suggestions.It makes it so much easier when you visit a place for the first time.

CT
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good casual eats close to Divi Phoenix

once you walk up and down the strip in the high rise section, you will be able to take a nice inventory of all the restaurants... based on looks and price, as most menus are out front.

have fun!

Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: good casual eats close to Divi Phoenix

Thanks jase jase. Are their rental places along the beach for parasailing?

CT
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: good casual eats close to Divi Phoenix

yep, there is a place right on palm beach. Roberto's i think near moomba beach does it. there may be another one or two as well

i say im gonna do it every visit. and then chicken out. :)

Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: good casual eats close to Divi Phoenix

I want to do it too, but like you I am a bit scared because I have a medically fragile child who couldn't live without me if something happened.Are you a regular to Aruba?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,506 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: good casual eats close to Divi Phoenix

The Divi Phoenix is at the very beginning of the high rise section of hotels and there is a large empty lot between it and the Westin next door. From the Westin all the way to the end (Marriott Stellaris is at the end) there is a walkway along the beach. This stretches about 2 miles in length from the Divi.

Once you get past the Westin, near the Riu and the Radisson, there are many vendors on the beach for parasailing, tube rides, etc.

In order to get to the restaurants you can either take a car, bus, taxi or walk. If you walk you should walk along the beach until you get to the Westin. At the Westin you can stay on the beach front boardwalk until you get to the Radisson and then walk through the Radisson lobby to the street front. You could also walk through the Westin lobby to the street side but the restaurants do not start until at least the Radisson. It is a pleasant 15 minute walk to the first restaurants.

CT
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: good casual eats close to Divi Phoenix

medic brings up a great point. Though the divi phoenix is in the high rise section, it is at the beginning of the stretch. depending on how fast you walk, and how much you mind it - it really goes by fast.

if you're ok to walk, and dont mind a little heat, you shouldnt really need too many (if any) cabs to get to the heart of the strip.

and yes, i guess we're regular. 7 times now in 6 years.

On the parasailing... im not the strongest swimmer, so it has a definite element of craziness to it! lol aruba is a pretty safe island however.