We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn?

kelsaroni
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Topic
Holiday Inn?

Hello! I have read some pretty bad things about the Curacao tower at the HI. We are booked there for March, and I am wondering if I should call them or email them and see if I can request a room in one of the other towers...would that work ya think?

:)

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,227 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn?

If you've read the numerous reviews, I'd say yes - do it and request an upgrade. You'll probably have to pay a little more, but I'd say it's worth it.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
366 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn?

Yes. Request another tower. Been there done that.

n.y.
Level Contributor
881 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn?

I stayed there last year , although the Curacao tower is an older tower We found it clean and fine . A reasonable price compared to other hotels .

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn?

In March, 2009, we had a room in The Curcacao tower, were placed in the Aruba tower, so no problems.

kelsaroni
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn?

Thank you all :) Il do some digging and see what I can find out. Its a tough call, some rooms may be ok, but I would like to avoid the hassel of switching rooms when we get there if we get a bad room...

Durham NC
Level Contributor
44 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn?

I've stayed there sev.times, and we always requested and paid more to be sure we had a room in either of the other two towers. (I believe the standard room rate applies to Curacao, and that superior and higher gets you into the other two towers.) Another guest told me that the only smoking rooms are in the Curacao tower. I didn't want and would not have accepted a smoking room, but it may be that if thats what you request, you are automatically put in the Curacao tower. I did not verify that claim with any hotel staff, so not sure its true.

Kitchener, Ontario
Level Contributor
88 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Inn?

We just stayed at the Holiday Inn and we had our room in the Curacao tower. The rooms are old and dated but the are clean and are ok .We did not spend much time in the room so we really did not care about the looks of the room. It is all a matter how you feel about getting an old looking room or spending more money on a better looking room. We went for the beach and sun and loved every minute

kelsaroni
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Inn?

I agree. I think I need to stop reading bad reviews, and just look forward to my vacation! :)

Wellsville, New York
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Inn?

Stayed at the hi 5 times very basic we used thr room to shower and sleep .. they work for that Tim

10. Re: Holiday Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 22:18