We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VisitAruba Plus Card? Worth getting one?

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
756 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
VisitAruba Plus Card? Worth getting one?

Is the VisitAruba Plus Card worth getting? If you have done this before please share with me the pros and cons. Thank You.

New York
Level Contributor
1,910 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VisitAruba Plus Card? Worth getting one?

It's only worth it if you look at the places you can use it, and decide that it's going to pay for itself. You can also find free coupons here: http://www.arubadiscountcoupons.com/

CT
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VisitAruba Plus Card? Worth getting one?

we got it the first two times. I dont think we honestly made our money back. You have to be really dilligent with it, and remember to use it. in MANY instances, there is a coupon or a sale going on that trumps the card deal. On a few occasions, i mentioned that we had the card, and they said the discount was already applied.

It's a crap shoot. I guess all it takes is one transaction to make it worthwhile... It seems lately, many do not get it. 5-6 years ago, it was the talk of the town!

McDonald...
Level Contributor
28 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VisitAruba Plus Card? Worth getting one?

We usually get the card just for the Texas De Brazil deal... you can get $100 gift card for $70. We'll use it a couple of other times on top of that for a few things, so we end up getting our moneys worth out of it.

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,467 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VisitAruba Plus Card? Worth getting one?

I have never found it worth it. When we got it, a lot of the restaurants had free wine which we don't drink anyway. Always found other deals better as stated above.

5. Re: VisitAruba Plus Card? Worth getting one?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2012, 09:21