We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just returned from Marriott

Level Contributor
155 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
just returned from Marriott

Just got back late Moday night from the Marriott. It was absolutetly terrific. The weather was perfect. I was warned how strong the sun was and they were right. I am definitely a beach person and I had to keep applying the sunscreen all day. The hotel was great no complaints at all. When we checked in someone was in our room so the bell hop took care of it for us and we got up grated to a pool/beach view . It was great!!!

The beach at the Marriott is definitely the best out of the high rise section. I got the palapa in front by the water everyday. If you have questions about that whole system please write me. There is definitely a system to it. It is the high season now so you need to get in line early or they do run out. I can help you out.

My husband windsurfed evryday and it was great for that. I will post pictures soon. check them out.

It was a great trip . I love being tan in the winter!!!! Wear your sunscreen. Questions are welcomed!!

Nassau, New York
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just returned from Marriott

Glad you had a great time! We just got back on Saturday from a week there, and we bought 2 weeks at the Marriott. Quick question, we were told that if you want to reserve a Palapa, it's $15 for 3 days, but then someone else said it wa $15 a day. Did you reserve ahead of time, or just show up in the morning and hope for a good spot?

What kind of room did you have? Were you in the hotel, or the timeshares?

Canada
Level Contributor
738 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: just returned from Marriott

It is $15.00 per day according to this thread "Update of Marriott Surf Club" of January 16, 2006.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147249-i151-k4131…

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
648 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just returned from Marriott

Which Marriott did you stay at? Surf Club? Ocean Club? How were the rooms? How was the bathroom? I know that's a random question! How big was the beach? How many palapaswere there? Did you do AI? Thanks for any info!!!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just returned from Marriott

Boysmom,

When we stayed at the Surf Club last September, the cost to rent a palapa was $15 per day (for the first two rows) or $10 for the back rows. Perhaps the fees have changed since then, but in September, it was a per day charge. You could rent up to three days in advance. Of course, if you don't want to spend the $$, you can line up to reserve that morning on a first-come, first-serve basis. I just don't want to give the impression that you must pay for a hut. We did it only because we didn't want to wake up early every morning to reserve, and we liked being right by the water.

Nassau, New York
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just returned from Marriott

Maybe that's what he was talking about w/the three days. My kids are mainly pool kids. Do you have to reserve a pool umbrella? Will they allow that? I know that I was able to do it at the Hyatt.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just returned from Marriott

Boysmom,

I don't believe you can reserve an umbrella by the pool. From what I remember, those are strictly first come, first serve, but admittedly, I didn't spend much time at the pool (other than to get a Raspberry Mudslide, or three -HAHAHA!) I'm 99% sure though, that those cannot be 'rented.'

Level Contributor
155 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just returned from Marriott

No you can not reserve a spot at the pool. I did not sit at the pool at all. But it was very crowded!! It looked to me that the chairs at the pool at the Marriott hotel were totally full. I got up every morning at 6;15 and was down in line for the free palapa. It really wasn't a big deal getting up that early. I really wanted a partiular palapa 102. It was the closest to the water and to the windsurfers(my husband). It seems so much more crowded when you get a palapa in the 200's or 300's. The palapas that are even numbered you can't reserve for three days,only odd numbers. At 10'o'clock you can reseve one for 3 days at 10$ -15$ a day. They go really quickly. So I got up early and got a free one every day. The same one!!

Someone asked about the bathroom. It was great. Very clean. Two sinks and very roomy. My room wa 365 it looked over the pool and was over the towel hut ,where you get a towel and resere a palapa.

keep asking, I love to talk about the trip

Riverside, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,730 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: just returned from Marriott

I am so glad to hear you had a great time at

the Marriot. We are going for the first time

June 23-July3. It looks like we will be at the Surf club for 5 nites and then moved to the hotel for 5 nites. Any suggestions? My

husband wears a back brace 24/7 with exception of walking to a pool or beach. Any

recommendations on where to request our room?? Thanks so much for this info. We wer

in Mexico and he walked for a long time on the concrete and was in severe pain. Last

year we solved this problem and were on the

first floor in Mexico. Does the first floor

have any views??? Are there elevators or stairs to the upper levels??

Nassau, New York
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: just returned from Marriott

Well, I wasn't too sure how the whole reserving thing worked, so I went down each morning, and told the lady which umbrella I wanted. She had the cabana guys (I'm not really sure if that's what they're called) grab all the towels we needed, and they arranged our lounge chairs under the umbrella w/the towels tucked in nicely and they got a little table for us set up under there too. I think that since I wasn't sure, I just felt better to have them put me down for it.

Palos Heights...
Level Contributor
71 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: just returned from Marriott

Thanks for the info....heading to the Aruba Marriott in ten days...really need to score a palapa every day..my wife cannot take much sun,if you have some tips i would really appreciate it!!