We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott or Hyatt in Aruba w/ toddler?

Level Contributor
76 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Marriott or Hyatt in Aruba w/ toddler?

My husband and I are thinking of bringing our son to Aruba in November. At the time he'll be 18 months and we're deciding between the Hyatt or one of the 2 Marriott vacation club resorts. I think the Marriott may be better since there is a full kitchen but I was curious if anyone had an opinion on either one. We definitely want a suite/room with a separate bedroom so we can watch TV or talk without waking my son up. Please don't respond, don't bring your son because that's already been decided. Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
521 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott or Hyatt in Aruba w/ toddler?

Having just returned from Aruba with my pre-schooler (3.5) son, I would never tell you not to bring your child! It's a fantastic place for youngsters and they are very welcomed there.

I think either the Hyatt or Marriott would be fine. The Hyatt is a bit more centrally located, making walking to restaurants and shops in the heat a tad easier. Of course, the idea of a suite - with kitchen and separate bedroom - can't be discounted. It really depends on how you plan to spend your vacation.

Another thing to note is that, unless you get a junior suite in the Hyatt, none of the regular rooms have true balconies. The "balconies" have just enough room to step out on, but not enough for chairs and a table.

Whatever you decide, enjoy it!

Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,499 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott or Hyatt in Aruba w/ toddler?

I think with a little one, I would definitely opt for the Marriott so that you will have the use of a kitchen and separate sleeping area. The balconies are also supposed to be large. Although it is the last resort on Palm Beach and you won't be right in the middle of the action, you can easily make your way by cab to where all the restaurants and action are so that you can walk around at night with your little one in the stroller. Lots to see!

Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott or Hyatt in Aruba w/ toddler?

It's the difference between a hotel room (Hyatt) and a one or two bedroom apartment (Marriott).

Level Contributor
28 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott or Hyatt in Aruba w/ toddler?

We just got back from Aruba with our 3 year old and 17 month old... I'd definitely opt for the Surf Club with the toddler. The resort is geared towards families and the extra room is much appreciated when you put the kids to bed. Our 17 month old loved going down the lazy river and even the water slide into the pool (they can go as long as they sit on your lap). Having a kitchen and her normal breakfast foods were great as well. The Surf Club is a little out of the way, but it's only a short walk with the stroller to where all of the shopping and restaurants are.

5. Re: Marriott or Hyatt in Aruba w/ toddler?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 03:18