We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beaches

Clarksboro, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
beaches

My husband and I are going on a cruise in Dec and one of the stops is Aruba...we really don't want to do a ship excusion just do a beach day...heard Palm beach is good..but is there a place to rent chairs or umbellas?? How much ??? How are the cabs and how much..etc etc?? thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,305 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beaches

Taxi is $11 for Jo to five people to anywhere along the high rise section of Palm Beach. I would ask to go to the Radisson Hotel and walk through the hotel to the beach. A vendor on the beach rents lounge chairs and umbrellas. I think he charges $10 each.

You could also save a few dollars by taking the bus but IMHO the taxi is quick and convenient. You could also go to www.moombabeach.com next to the Holiday Inn.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,272 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beaches

If you look over to the right, you'll see "beach day in Aruba from Cruise ship". It will give you some good ideas to start with. Enjoy!

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beaches

I think Amsterdam Manor rents beach chairs on the beach to a certain amout of non guest (if not crouded). The beach is very nice and they have a very nice place for lunch. Bus drops you off pretty much infront. Maybe Amy will jump in a give you more info.

Sharon

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,021 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beaches

You can rent chairs on Palm Beach near DePalm Pier (located between the Riu and the Radisson) or at Moomba's Beach Bar.

Amsterdam Manor on Eagle Beach also rents a limited number of chairs to non-guests depending on the time of year and how full their hotel is. Your best bet though would be the vendors on Palm Beach.

Clarksboro, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beaches

Thanks everyone.....you all been very helpful...is cab better then bus???

CT
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: beaches

a bus would work fine, but since you have never been to aruba, etc - you may want to just grab a cab. its also quicker, and your time is limited. Its not as cheap as a bus though... From downtown to palm beach is likely 12 bucks or so each (if not a bit more - i never can remember!)

Just walk into any hotel lobby to grab a cab, including the Renaissance downtown.

The bus is very safe, and the bus sttaion is downtown, just a few minutes from the cruise terminal. So that IS an option, but you will have to endure the stops along the way. but as i said it will be much cheaper. The most you will have to wait for a bus is 10-15 minutes, which isnt too bad. There are numerous stops on the bus line in palm beach. You either have to tell the bus driver that you want to stop near the radisson, or keep a keen eye out the window, and pull the chain when you see it! (or ask one of the other dozen tourists on the bus that are heading in that direction!)

Clarksboro, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: beaches

thanks..i think we'll take a cab sound easier...can you go though the lobbys of the hotels to get to the beach..i readed om here some might have day passes....so far Moomba looks the best..just go to the Holiday Inn and get out?? Anyone been there?? Yes first time and not sure were to go ot do....don't want to pay and arm and leg just to go to beach with crusie line...thanks for all the help

Noord, Aruba
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: beaches

Hey Dear,

If you taking a cab, let them drop you off at the Holiday Inn Hotel, you can then walk on the beach from the Holiday Inn to the other hotels, there's always staff of some hotels renting chairs and umbrella on the beach . Something also to keep in mine, Dec is high season here in Aruba, so most of the hotels are always full, renting chairs might be a bit of a problem.

One Idea is to bring your beach towel form the ship and lay it out on any beach of you choice on the Island. Manchebo have one of the most beautiful beach and very quiet. you might even get one of the hut to lied under.

Hope this help.

Good luck

Norlene

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Founder of Yes I Do weddings in Aruba

9. Re: beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 00:19