We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passions or Flying Fishbone??

Woodbridge, New...
Level Contributor
194 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Passions or Flying Fishbone??

So my hubby and I are taking our 3rd trip to Aruba in 2 wks. (actually, in 2 wks from rt now, we will be IN aruba! Woo Hoo!) . So back to the ques... which restaurant would you guys recommend- Passions on the Beach (i think at Amsterdam Hotel) or Flyin Fishbone? We wanted to try new restaurants and we were looking for that eating-on-the-beach experience. From the research i've done they both seem to have gotten really good food reviews. So was just wondering if anyone had a preference, whether for price or service experience or whatever... appreciate any advice/comments. Thanks!! :-D

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,227 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passions or Flying Fishbone??

Here is a page of threads devoted to this question. Also, a new restaurant called Barefoot has come into the equation. Something to think about.

http://tinyurl.com/3g9ftls

Edited: 23 July 2011, 12:25
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,935 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passions or Flying Fishbone??

We've been to all of them....Passions is still our favorite for toes in the sand, beach dining.

CT
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passions or Flying Fishbone??

i would choose passions. its so much closer, and the atmoshphere is just as nice if not better. I have only eaten one meal at FF, and it was excellent. I have eaten a few times at passions and had a one or two meals that were just 'good'... not excellent. But i still highly recommend it. Plus, i havent been to FF in a while, and i hear things have changed there. MJ's is our choice for a perfect meal OFF the beach.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Passions or Flying Fishbone??

We have gone to Passions on all our trips. But the last time the food was just ok. Think we will try Barefoot this year for our beach dinner. Has anyone been to this place on their recent trip? Thanks for any info.!

Sharon

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,935 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Passions or Flying Fishbone??

I've been to Barefoot. It's good (atmosphere is great) but still not my favorite. But I would definitely go back.

Keep in mind that Barefoot is not exactly "beach dining" like Passions or Flying Fishbone. They do have a couple of tables on the beach in front of the restaurant but most tables are up on a deck under a large palapa (it's the old Marandi location before they moved.)

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,227 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Passions or Flying Fishbone??

We loved Old Man and the Sea a few years back. It was a memorable evening all the way around! Don't hear much talk about it lately.

Woodbridge, New...
Level Contributor
194 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Passions or Flying Fishbone??

Thanks everyone for your help/comments!! Think we are going to stick with our reservations at Passions then. Guess we will just HAVE to go back to Aruba 2 try FF another time! haha! :-D

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,489 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Passions or Flying Fishbone??

We've booked dinner at Passions for our last night, but we will have to go back because Wacky Wahoo's is closed for vacation (how dare they?! LOL) while we're there. You gotta do what you gotta do. *sigh*

Have a great trip!

Morris County, NJ
Level Contributor
698 posts
791 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Passions or Flying Fishbone??

We went to the Flying Fishbone on our trip. It was great and was one of the highlights of the trip, however due to the distance from Eagle Beach, we would try someplace closer on our next trip.

10. Re: Passions or Flying Fishbone??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 16:17