We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchebo Beach-help!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Manchebo Beach-help!

Hi,

Can anyone tell me which room #'s) at the Manchebo have the best ocean-views (not just partial-view?) Also, we are going in March- do spring breakers stay here? (I admit I don't want too many topless college girls prancing around in front of my bf.) My bf also wants to know whether they have Texas hold'em at the Alhambra, or if they don't, where's a good place to go for that? Thanks!

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manchebo Beach-help!

Hi. We stayed at Manchebo in December 2005. We booked an oceanview room, we stayed in room 19, one the first floor. We did NOT have a very good view. We could not see anything but sand and the Pega Pega bar from our room. If we stepped outside onto the patio, we had to face far-right to see the water off in the distance (the sand/beach is very expansive, so the water is far away, regardless). Also, right near our room was a large tree off to the right blocking our view.

When we first checked in, we asked for a better room with a better view, since we DID pay more...we were told that we were in an Ocean View room and they didn't really want to move us. All in all, it was fine, we liked being on the first floor so that we could walk in/out of our patio door, but we heard that rooms on the second floor (no elevators) had better views.

As for topless sunbathers, I've heard Manchebo does have the most...we did see a few, most were discreet about it, but some not, very "flaunty", if you will.

Hope this helps you some...have a great trip!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manchebo Beach-help!

Thanks!! I think I already took note that #19 was no good based on what was probably your review of Manchebo...

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manchebo Beach-help!

Any other suggestions for good ocean-view rooms at manchebo?

Riverhead, New York
Level Contributor
325 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manchebo Beach-help!

just bumpin' this up looking for recent answers.

I've communicated with a few Manchebo guests and most concur that a first floor room closest to Bucuti is the way to go, but a room # would be helpful as some asy that there are large palm trees at that end which may block views.

Thanks all

Robin

5. Re: Manchebo Beach-help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 18:22