We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Divi Aruba Phoenix-new section

Level Contributor
507 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Divi Aruba Phoenix-new section

Is it worth the upgrade to the new section of the Divi Aruba Phoenix? What is the condition of the original section? What year was it built? How many floors is the new section? General feedback on this property appreciated.

Aruba ATV Island Tour with Ayo...
236 Reviews
from US$78.00*
Aruba Catamaran Cruise, 2-Stop...
150 Reviews
from US$42.00*
Special Offer
Aruba Off-Road Island Tour: Arikok...
313 Reviews
from US$106.99*
US$111.78
Arikok National Park 4x4 Tour...
202 Reviews
from US$89.99*
jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,573 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Divi Aruba Phoenix-new section

Description of the new buildings are on their website....

diviarubaphoenix.com/diviaruba/construction.…

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
69 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Divi Aruba Phoenix-new section

Hi,

Was just there last month. New towers have 7 stories - old tower has 14. Condition of old towers were just fine (in my opinion) - we stayed there & had a great view from the 14th floor.

Feel free to email me with any specific questions...

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,205 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Divi Aruba Phoenix-new section

We spend one week in each. The new units are large and attractive with an easy in and out to the pool and beach. The tower units are a bit tired in comparison, but the decks can be used throughout the day. Depends really on how much time you spend in your room and how important the furnishings are to you. We could pay to upgrade our second week, but we decided it wasn't important enough to us.

Edited: 09 August 2011, 21:55
Level Contributor
507 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Divi Aruba Phoenix-new section

How much did they charge for the upgrade arubaweek? What do you mean by the decks?

Level Contributor
507 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Divi Aruba Phoenix-new section

I figure by decks you mean balconies? Anyhow, are the 1 BR units on the lower floors only? Can you requiest what floor you want to be on? How high up in the new units do you need to go for an ocean view?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Divi Aruba Phoenix-new section

We just upgraded our original studio in the tower to the new beach villas. It was $639!!!! We only did it as we are in the new buildings for the following week and then one extra night. We did not want to move out after a week of being "settled in" . Also I really like the convenience of having the washer/dryer unit in the room (beach villa) versus having to go down to the thrid floor in the tower. I tend to take much less "stuff" and do laundry every second day. Other than the convenience of Not having to move I would NOT pay the upgrade fee just to be in the new section - I don't think it is worth it.

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,205 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Divi Aruba Phoenix-new section

Sorry about using deck-it was the balcony I was referring to. Anything larger than a one bedroom in the new buildings are on the top two floors. The view issue really depends on the building. We're on the sixth floor -the second new building from the lobby and we have wonderful views. Honestly though, it gets so hot out there it is a great place for breakfast and then watching sunset.

As to how much, since we are owners the rate is different for us to upgrade, not as high as the above poster quoted.

Good luck,

8. Re: Divi Aruba Phoenix-new section

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 14:15