We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ladies - Shopping Question

Okanagan Valley...
Level Contributor
317 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Ladies - Shopping Question

I need to buy some bathing suits and coverups before our trip to Aruba, but haven't been finding too much to choose from.

Are there many stores for nice (not teen) ladies beachwear, and where are they located?

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,558 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ladies - Shopping Question

Some of the Hotels have shops and some of the Timeshares have shops. Go in town and some of the stores may have bathing suits. At LaCabana, there are 2 stores and often they have bathing suits. Have you been to the major stores at home. Macy's, etc...right now they do think it is Fall, but some have suits on sale. TJMaxx, do you have it at home, they are on sale.....

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
384 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ladies - Shopping Question

Red Sail sports at La Cabana and the Marriotts and I think Radisson.

Yarmouth Port...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ladies - Shopping Question

in my experience shopping for bathing suits in aruba is..... unless you are very petite, you probably won't find what your looking for. i agree with teach that now is fall in the usa stores and basically slim pickins for bathing suits and coverups. maybe you could find something on line. bathing suits and coverups

are one of my must haves in aruba. they are always in my carry-on bag because they're what you wear all day, and i know it wouldn't be fun replacing them in aruba.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ladies - Shopping Question

LL Bean and Lands End are having sales now and I believe they both have a presence in British Columbia. And they ship FAST.

Do you have TJ Maxx or Marshall's?

Purchasing a cover-up in Aruba will NOT be a problem. There are many little shops in the highrise area across from the hotels, and a fantastic "Tourist Go Flea Market" on Saturday and Sunday near Certified in the low-rise area.

Okanagan Valley...
Level Contributor
317 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ladies - Shopping Question

Thanks for all the info on shopping.

We don't have Macy's, Marshalls, TJ Maxx or anything like them. We live in a resort town so all the bathing suits are sold out by now in the stores we do have.

I can shop online with Lands End and LLBean but I find their stuff too basic, not enough colourful prints and different styles.

I like the Seafolley line and know they are from Australia and probably not in Aruba, so I might just try to find some online.

Thanks again.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ladies - Shopping Question

Take a look at Eddie Bauer's website, as well. They have nice swimsuits on sale; some with really pretty prints.

IMHO, I would skip buying a suit in Aruba - very overpriced.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ladies - Shopping Question

I just got 2 really nice suits at Macys on line. They were really a good price and lots of suits.

8. Re: Ladies - Shopping Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 23:17