We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Irene

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
384 posts
Save Topic
Irene

Anybody "stuck" in Aruba due to hurricane?

Edited: 27 August 2011, 22:39
jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,369 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Irene

If I had to be stuck anywhere, it would be in Aruba!! :)

New York
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Irene

Stuck is an understatement! As we expected our Saturday JetBlue flight into JFK was cancelled. While we really love it here I seriously do not want to stay until September 9th which is when JetBlue claims to have the next available seats to get us off the island. I've always been a big fan of JetBlue but they are really dropping the ball on this one. Anyone have any suggestions? All other airlines are booked solid.

Yarmouth Port...
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Irene

there are worst places to be stuck imo. trust me you don't want to be anywhere near the eat coast right now. we are just waiting and hoping for the best.

CT
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Irene

what bob said... its nasty here right now. I mean, at face value the thought about being stuck in aruba 9 extra days sounds like a dream (and i would likely love it), but thats a LOT of lost money due to hotels, foods, and not earning any money (or using more PTO time) back home.

we got stuck in 2006 in the DR... for 4 extra days. i had my fill of the dr for a few more years now. lol

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,467 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Irene

We had to spend extra nights in Aruba in January. Our trip insurance paid for everything, including the AI hotel! Was worth the money I spent on it.

New York
Level Contributor
1,910 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Irene

Not sure how many seats you need, but JB is showing 2 seats available on 9/4

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,467 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Irene

I think they may put you on another carrier if needed.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Irene

Ithink the JB 9/4 is via Boston.

Jet BLue generally doesnt put peeps on another airline, and I see little if any flights AUA-JFK.

YOur best bet is to get to MIA and then to nyc. The airline choices AUA-MIA suck big time (such as COPA).

Please let us know.

Is the hotel at least cutting you a deal on the rate...or did you have to change hotels.

If JB has so many peeps stuck in AUA, they need to add a couple extra one time only flights to get peeps out of there. Unfortunately because it IS weather, they will take no responsiblity (no airline will).

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,467 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Irene

We were on USAir in Aruba and they would have put us on any airline as we were not going to be able to make our connection in Charlotte.

New York
Level Contributor
1,910 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Irene

Now it's not showing availability on the 4th, but it is showing available seats on 9/6 direct AUA to JFK.