We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

aruba beaches vs dominic republic

Level Contributor
149 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
aruba beaches vs dominic republic

hello i wanted to know how are the beaches compared to the dominc republic. is the water clear in aruba. are there waves. are the beaches ncie and sandy. What part of aruba is nice or is one side of the island better than the other... help me out

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
869 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: aruba beaches vs dominic republic

I haven't been to the DR but have been to Aruba, Turks and Caicos, Cozumel, Cancun, Hawaii, Puerto Vallarta, and others. Aruba was better than all except T&C. It has very white bottom sand, clear water, great snorkeling, and not much wave action at all. The sand is very fine, like powdered sugar, not the grainy kind like Pacific or Atlantic beaches.

I'm retired and prefer the Eagle Beach area which is also called the low rise area. The other area is Palm Beach, high rises, more congested. Aruba is known for it's fine restaurants and has a Dutch influence. I would not choose AI on Aruba.

You can google some of the following restaurants to get a sense of what they are about: Screaming Eagle, Matthews, Flying Fishbone, Mirandi,

Salt and Pepper.

Enjoy your trip!

Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: aruba beaches vs dominic republic

Have been to Punta Cana and Aruba....the beaches are far better in Aruba and the swimming is also better

CT
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: aruba beaches vs dominic republic

there are two MAIN sides to the DR. the atlantic side - puerto plata, and the caribben side - punta cana. The beaches are better in punta cana... but more relaxing in puerto plata...

either way aruba has better quality beaches, and overall vacation. but you pay for it - as its pricier.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: aruba beaches vs dominic republic

Hi! I've been all over Dominican and in Aruba. Beaches in DR are amazing, and they are diffferent depending on place. DR is bigger and various, Aruba is small, but also has nice beaches , more comparable to the Caribbean side of DR. I think you will not be disappointed with Aruba. And beach sunsets here are spectacular!

Edited: 02 September 2011, 19:00
Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: aruba beaches vs dominic republic

The Beaches and the People in Punta Cana were wonderful. The Beaches in Aruba are also beautiful, plus you can walk safely from resort to resort. Add the great restaurants and I think Aruba is unbeatable.

The Villages...
Level Contributor
941 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: aruba beaches vs dominic republic

Been to both numerous times. The resort grounds/pools in DR are by far the most beautiful. But, the beaches in Aruba far outweigh the beaches in the DR. In the DR you tend to stay in your resort. In Aruba you are more likely to travel all over the island. Aruba is more expensive, but in my opinion, worth it. You will enjoy yourself in both places. It depends on what type of vacation you want.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,262 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: aruba beaches vs dominic republic

I like that we can leave our Timeshare in Aruba at night and feel safe. No one was grabbing us on the beach, like in DR. when we went, guns were pointing at our beautiful hotel. Once we ventured out at night, after all we are NYers. We so enjoy Aruba. Each person has their favorite places...... I like to leave the resort.

8. Re: aruba beaches vs dominic republic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 13:16