We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aruba or St. Thomas?

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
287 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Aruba or St. Thomas?

Trying to decide whether to go to St. Thomas or Aruba? If you have been to both please feel free to tell me which you liked better and why. Thanks!

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aruba or St. Thomas?

www.aruba-bb.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84107

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aruba or St. Thomas?

Now I would probably talk about how comfortable I am walking even in the evening. Back when we started to go to Aruba, it was for the weather. You could always count on it being warm and not worry about hurricanes. I'd have to throw in a comment about the great restaurants though too.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aruba or St. Thomas?

Been to both and have to give my vote to Aruba. It is much safer and friendlier IMHO.

CT
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aruba or St. Thomas?

different landscape.. the beaches i think are better in aruba. However, the overall terrain in st thomas is much more lush and tropical looking... however, aruba has its own arid beauty.

All in all, the weather is usually better in aruba, and its safer. Though St. Thomas is beautiful! My personal pick is aruba.

But... Since your in an aruba forum - you're gonna get a lot of votes for aruba!

Woburn...
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Aruba or St. Thomas?

I've been to both places I love St. Thomas just to go to St. Johns....BUT Aruba is my favorite place and can't believe I waited so long to go there....I pick ARUBA !!!! We stayed at the Radisson....loved it !!!!!

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
287 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aruba or St. Thomas?

Thanks for all your responses! Elaine4224, I love your enthusiasm!

spartanburg, sc
Level Contributor
627 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aruba or St. Thomas?

Agree with all posters - spent a week at Sapphire Beach last year - great unit, went to some good restaurants, but no,no,no, I would never go back. It just felt like we were being "hustled" or something. Hard to put my finger on - we met a couple who knew and loved STT and had a good time.

Aruba, Dec 10th, Baby, ( previously 5 nights at Marriott and 1 fabulous day in port on cruise) - looking so forward to it; more than Maui.

Agree the landscape is very lush on STT; but wouldn't go back unless we were takiing the ferry and staying in St. John, which is fabulous, IMO.

8. Re: Aruba or St. Thomas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 00:17