We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need room for 2 nights...what to do?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
13 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Need room for 2 nights...what to do?

We need a room for four..2 adults & 22 yo & 17 yo. The problem is it is a busy time 12/29 & 12/30. Our week starts on 12/31.We do not need anything upscale.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,227 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need room for 2 nights...what to do?

I would try Priceline asap and see what you can get. Most hotels, if booking with them directly, may very well be booked. Good luck.

Another option is to rent for 2 nights at one of the apartment complexes that isn't on the beach. One in particular I've heard good things about is Aruba Quality Apartments http://www.arubaqualityapartments.com/

Some timeshare weeks will not be fully reserved and the owner may have a night or two available. The best way to find those is to check out their websites, and or post and ask if anyone has those nights available.

Playa Linda is one:

www.playalinda.com/members/phpBB308/phpBB3/

Edited: 28 September 2011, 20:12
Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need room for 2 nights...what to do?

You may find a problem only wanting 2 nights. During that time there are lots of places that have a minimum stay of 5 days or so.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,262 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need room for 2 nights...what to do?

Try www.lacabanabrc.com. And see if any owners have nights available. Many have a few nights left if they leave early to get home. Also I heard good comments about quality apts. Have never stayed there.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
826 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need room for 2 nights...what to do?

You may also look into a place like Buffam's Tropical Haven. They may have a few rooms open during that time. Close to everything and reasonable rates.

WISCONSIN..U.S.A
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need room for 2 nights...what to do?

Hello..try Surfside Marina..it is just before down town and next to Barefoot..we loved it last year when we had to come in on a

thur..and couldn't get into our unit till Sat..includes breakfest and they have connecting rooms..LOL...

New Jersey
Level Contributor
13 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need room for 2 nights...what to do?

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I checked into Surfside, Quality Apts & Buffams. Unfortunately, no availability. We will most likely stay at CPVR our home resort as they offer a discount rate for owners. I was VERY impressed with both Buffam's & Surfside. Will definitely check them out while we are there.

SanNic, we found your town a bit scary...we were approached for money and were concerned about our rental car. Any suggestions where to park if we want to go to lunch?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
826 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need room for 2 nights...what to do?

Hammockdoll,

Ignore anyone asking for money except the old fellow who stands by the BSL laundry on Rogersstraat. He's a nice old-timer and if you hand him a dollar or so that's fine. I pay none of the others. They're just bums. If you park your car by the BSL or on Main Street you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Or, if you go to the Hollywood Smokehouse, there is parking directly in front of the restaurant there; Mike (the owner) peeks outside regularly and keeps an eye on things.

Enjoy and be safe.

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
2,900 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Need room for 2 nights...what to do?

The Astoria Hotel is a lovely old inn in San Nicolas with a fun restaurant and bier garten.

9. Re: Need room for 2 nights...what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 23:18