We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renaissance vs. Occidental Grand?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
273 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Renaissance vs. Occidental Grand?

Hi everyone,

we're trying to decide on all-inclusive with the Renaissance or Occidental Grand.

What we're looking for is close walking distance to everything, bus etc. We are choosing all-inclusive so that it will be a really easy trip not having to think about where to eat.

Which has better food ? in your opinion?

I'm thinking the Renaissance but started reading reviews on the Occidental and I think this may be an option.

Thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,524 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renaissance vs. Occidental Grand?

The Ren is downtown the Occidental along Palm Beach. Both have ready access to the bus and both are in easy walking distance of shops and restaurants. The Ren is not on the beach while the Occidental is.

I would read the threads on the top right od the main screen and think twice about AI. IMHO I would prefervthe Palm Beach location.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
273 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renaissance vs. Occidental Grand?

thanks. I will check out further reviews

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,426 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renaissance vs. Occidental Grand?

Although people say the private island is wonderful, personally, I would prefer staying right on the beach. The Occidental is a lovely hotel. If you are intent on doing AI, then I would choose Occidental over Renaissance...just my opinion though.

Being downtown at the Ren puts you in the center with a lot around you, but if you are in the high rise area of Palm Beach at Occidental you are within walking distance of so much more.

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renaissance vs. Occidental Grand?

I would also say Palm Beach, you may want to also add the RIU as that is on Palm Beach too.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
273 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renaissance vs. Occidental Grand?

thanks everyone,

I am now seriously reconsidering the all-inclusive plan. As everyone has suggested, there are many choices of restaurants that are easily accessible.

6. Re: Renaissance vs. Occidental Grand?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 15:18