We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

aruba vs punta cana

Mexico
Level Contributor
136 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
aruba vs punta cana

Hi,

I read a lot of comparisons between these 2 islands and I could not decide yet. I like AI resort from Punta Cana where for the same price I get also AI. I also like a lot of palm trees that cand be found in PC.

As far as I can see in Aruba there are not a lot of palm trees...

Which island would you recommend to me? On the other hand in PC you must stay in hotel...almost nothing to visit ....

I prefer nice white sand and nice blue water....

Thanks

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,003 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: aruba vs punta cana

I thought the people of the DR were wonderfull and we stayed at a beautiful resort there. It was a wonderful vacation. We go to Aruba every year though, because we love being able to walk the beach to dinner at night and the restaurants are great. I will say that the wonderful water quality is nice also-never having to worry about drinking or brushing your teeth.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,219 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: aruba vs punta cana

Although this is from 2009, there are some great posts comparing the two:

tripadvisor.com/…16256430

Gurnee, Illinois
Level Contributor
413 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: aruba vs punta cana

We went to Punta Cana because it was an incredible value for AI and the flight was nice and short. A great trip for us as we did not want to do anything besides eating, drinking and swimming.

In planning our trip to Aruba it looks like we will have a great time staying on the European plan and exploring the island. I think our trip to Aruba will be double the price of PC. Aruba weather in December looks to be a little warmer.

Mexico
Level Contributor
136 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: aruba vs punta cana

Thanks for your inputs...

I am still undecided because although a longer flight, the flight to Aruba is at this moment cheaper...I would have to fly into SDQ to get a cheaper flight.

On the other hand for the same price I get AI in PC. I also like that there are so many palm trees on these properties in PC while in Aruba is seems that on the beach there are no palm trees. Is that right? no vegetation in Aruba on the beach?

EIRE pa
Level Contributor
285 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: aruba vs punta cana

I just got back from punta cana. THough i prefer aruba and have been there 3 times. My experience is the food is soooo much better in aruba. The service in punta cana was the best but i never had an issue in aruba. Beachers were simular. Nice thing in aruba is you can explore the island. Punta cana is large. Did i mention the food iss better in aruba...............

Mexico
Level Contributor
136 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: aruba vs punta cana

What about beach? which is nicer? white sand? clear blue water?

How does here compare Aruba to PC?

Edited: 07 October 2011, 16:50
Woodbridge, New...
Level Contributor
194 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: aruba vs punta cana

Hola, flymexico2010! IMHO... Hubby and I have been to both islands (went to PC 2 times-actually got engaged there! And Aruba 2 times- 3rd visit this Nov). Now, honestly, we loved both islands for their own reasons (DR more "tropical island" as far as vegetation, loved the 4 wheel tour of island, and I'm a Spanish teacher, so loved using the language and culture...Aruba, loved the beaches, safety of island, and the food)...So my vote would be (drum role plz...) ARUBA!! But Id also ask what the trip is for... if for a special occassion (ie honeymoon) def Aruba...if for a get-away, inexpensive, relaxing trip- PC. Aruba def more expensive (esp for AI) but food def better (even at AI- we stayed at the Occidental at both islands and the one in Aruba much better!) but Occidental in PC had same amenities but if $ is an issue and you just want a relaxing, AI vaca- i'd go with PC. Either way, its an awesome vacation - you really can't go wrong! But like I said, if it's a "special occassion" consider Aruba, esp for the safety factor. Any other "preguntas", plz feel free to ask!! If you are from MX, I prob have a few vaca "preguntas" for you, too! Jaja! :-)

EIRE pa
Level Contributor
285 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: aruba vs punta cana

Aruba has just a good beachs and palm trees are on all resorts. You will see off the resorts at each location ...not so many palm trees. Punta cana has the service and beachs. Aruba has Food, BEachs, and off site activites. The flight is only an hour longer tops

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: aruba vs punta cana

Remember that Aruba is a desert island. The majority of the plants and foliage are planted and watered by the resorts. When you get away from the resort area you are limited to seeing cactus.

Tinton Falls, New...
Level Contributor
930 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: aruba vs punta cana

My 2 cents worth-------------

Aruba----A plus!

Punta Cana----C plus/B minus!

Went to both islands. Love the gorgeous beaches, the world class restaurants, the friendly people, & the easy driving of the "one happy

island" of Aruba.

Cheers !!!!!!!!! ----- Ken