We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

renting jeep to do own tour

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
433 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
renting jeep to do own tour

Will we be able to do these things renting a jeep and do our on tour Natural Bridge, Bushiribana Gold Mill Ruins, Arikok National Park, Ayo Rock Formation, Donkey Sanctuary and the famous Natural Pool? Will be arriving on cruise ship and will be in Aruba from 7 to 5 PM thanks

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: renting jeep to do own tour

I would not recommend this if this is your first time on the island. It would be easy to get lost. Those are beautiful places to tour too though.

Cleves, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: renting jeep to do own tour

I was going to say the same thing that Madge said. Not only lost, but some of the roads out toward the Natural Pool and natural Bridge are nothing more than goat paths with lots of rocks jutting out of the ground. I have a jeep wrangler at home and with that said, they definitely drive differently that a regular vehicle or even an SUV. With one day on the island it's probably best to book a jeep tour.

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
755 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: renting jeep to do own tour

I agree. I was there for the first time in August. We rented a jeep to tour the "outback". I thought I could tour the whole coast of the island in a day. We only got half way around. We got turned around on the roads from the church to the natural pool, however we found it. I had no problems traversing the trails, you should know how to drive off road though. So given your time crunch, I would book a tour and enjoy the ride.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,713 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: renting jeep to do own tour

http://www.abc-aruba.co

Click on above. This tour company is well regarded. Aside from the reasons mentioned to NOT rent, most rental companies will prohibit you from driving to the Natural Pool. The road is strewn with large boulders. You would be held accountable for any damage to your vehicle.

5. Re: renting jeep to do own tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 16:17