We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bugs, bees..

Lansing, MI
5 posts
Save Topic
bugs, bees..

I have read on various forums regarding the bugs and to carry bug spray....what about bees...are there any bees on the island...are they any problem....thanks...

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,395 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bugs, bees..

In all of my trips to Aruba (25 and counting), I have never seen a bee on the island.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bugs, bees..

Amy - me neither.....that's really odd come to think of it! :)

Lansing, MI
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bugs, bees..

thank you all for replying..my wife is allergic to the bee's and thought of checking in before we head there on 27th...can't wait....

New York
Level Contributor
781 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bugs, bees..

On our trip in 2009, there were bees in front of the Fontein Caves

East Sandwich...
Level Contributor
7 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bugs, bees..

I'm sitting in Aruba right now (pos choquito), and there are cuddly little honey bees, the building blocks of all life, working the flower pollen around me. Bees aren't aggressive. Wasps are. I haven't seen a single wasp. The place we are staying in is open air, meaning we have no screens. We haven't been bothered by bugs at all.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bugs, bees..

I am not sure why this old thread was pulled up, but of course there are bugs and bees.

My daughter got her first bee sting on the beach last year, in front of the Bucuti.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,651 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bugs, bees..

I have seen several old threads pulled up when someone is new to a forum and/or has pertinent information to add to a thread.

I would rather have a thread resurrected so all the information is available than see a gazillion new ones addressing the same issue!

I've seen bumblebees, but no wasps and curiously never a mosquito.

Lansing, MI
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: bugs, bees..

I have not gotten to adding a review yet, but we visited aruba in nov 2011 and there are mosquitoes, especially when the sun goes down. In fact you can ask locals and they would tell you the same. We asked the people at the hotel and they said the same thing, to be careful after the sun goes down. So pack your deet and good luck....

Boston...
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: bugs, bees..

we were there in January and my husband got bitten by a mosquitoes, and ended up with Dengue fever. Thank God we were home by the time he came down with it.

He ended up in the hospital for 3 weeks and in the ICU for 11 days.

He was very sick almost died. So were you bug spray.

The CDC test cofirmed that it was Dengue and said it was very bad in the Caribbean this year.

I love Aruba and never saw a insect the whole time we were there.

We stayed at the Marroitt Surf Club

Lansing, MI
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: bugs, bees..

sorry to hear about your bad experience. We had read the travel advisory regarding Dengue fever and packed accordingly.