We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Aruba with 1.5 yr old

Toronto
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Riu Aruba with 1.5 yr old

Just looking into booking a stay @ riu Aruba and wondering if anyone has been there with baby/toddler. Any tips? Do they provide a crib? I wanna bring some snacks for baby from home, there is a mini fridge in room right? I am still not 100% on riu Aruba but it seems to fit everything we are looking for...clean, good beach, decent food. If there is another place you can recommend that is great for babies but also fits all that criteria I am open to suggestions. Thx so much!

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
7,492 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Aruba with 1.5 yr old

We have not stayed at the RIU Palace on Aruba nor do we have toddlers so I am not much help to you. We have stayed at the RIU Palace Las Americas and RIU Cancun in Cancun and we saw young couples with toddlers but I do not know what facilities were offered. There was a mini-fridge at both resorts to hold beer, soda, and water and that could be used for other items.

We found the Iberostar Tucan in Playa Del Carmen to be much more geared to kids of all ages, many families stay there and it is a very nice 3.5 - 4* resort on a gorgeous beach a 5 minute drive from town. Even though we are 2 adults we love going there. We're considering trying Aruba someday but we know from cruising there that there just is not alot to see and do as compared to Playa and other locations...

Good luck!

Here is the contact e-mail:

palace.aruba@riu.com

Edited: 28 November 2011, 15:58
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
100 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Aruba with 1.5 yr old

The Riu does supply cribs and they do have a fridge in the room. I have been there twice with my 10 year old (7 and 9 at the time), and my sister took her 10 month old twins this past September and they supplied her with 2 cribs and the buffett supplies the high chairs also. She really enjoyed the RIU and felt very comfortable with her twins. She said they really catered to the twins at breakfast and dinner. After a few days they remembered her to where she no longer had to ask for high chairs. Go and have fun. Its a nice resort. Feel free to ask questions. Hope that helped.

3. Re: Riu Aruba with 1.5 yr old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 01:41