We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kudos to Tropic Car Rental

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
928 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Kudos to Tropic Car Rental

We typically only rent for 1 day but this time we rented for a full week. Thanks to help from other members on this board we reserved with Tropic back in the late Spring. All I can say is WOW. Our flight was about an hour late but Hans was there waiting for us at the departure area at the airport. He helped us with our luggage, took his copy of the rental agreement, and explained the drop off procedure. Took about 5 minutes if that and we were on our way. The drop off was just as seamless. I called him the day before to tell him when we would be at the airport. We got to the departure area (like you were dropping off somebody who was leaving). and we got there about 10 minutes early but Hans was already there! He gave us our receipts for the rental, again helped us with our luggage, got his keys back and we were good to go. The car was fine. It had about 60K miles on it but no issues. Hans was pleasant and friendly to work with-what a pleasure.

I would recommend Tropic and Hans to anyone and now I know why he is always booked up!

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,491 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kudos to Tropic Car Rental

Our experience with them was just as good, although we opted to have delivery and pickup at AMBR. Hans is GREAT communicating by e-mail. The fellow who dropped the car off was a doll, and laughed his head off when my Upstate New York Mechanic of a husband was looking for the heater. In Aruba. In JULY....

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kudos to Tropic Car Rental

We have used Tropic every time we have been in Aruba. Funny story, my DH went snorkeling with keys in suit, and you guessed it, keys would not work. Hans came and replaced keys in less the 1/2 hour. That is service!

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kudos to Tropic Car Rental

Hello, If you don't mind. How much was the rental for the week? Did you need a car most of the time? We are going for 11 nights in March and are trying to decide if we should rent for the whole time. Thank you!

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,460 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kudos to Tropic Car Rental

He will probably have no cars for March since it is peak time. Prices are higher during peak seasons.

We never rent a car anymore, not worth it for us. We take the bus or a taxi.

We used to always rent from Tropic until a few years ago when there were problems with them. Their cars are also older.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,277 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kudos to Tropic Car Rental

We will be using them for the first time in March. Looking forward to starting a lasting relationship with them!

Athol, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kudos to Tropic Car Rental

We personally would rent for the whole 11 days if we went that long. It is great to be able just jump in the car and head to another beach. We also eat out every night so we would spent as much for taxi fares as we spent for the 7 day rental. The car was older but we had no issues. I think we spent $180 and $40 or so for the insurance. We did reserve back in the spring for this November trip.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
928 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kudos to Tropic Car Rental

I could not remember my password but the above post is me!!! Sorry for any confusion.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kudos to Tropic Car Rental

We go for 2 weeks and love having a car the whole time. Cabs can get $$$ if you go to some of the far places to eat. I think Tropic was about, 350 for 2 weeks, not sure but around that.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kudos to Tropic Car Rental

Absolutely agree - Hans really sets the bar high when it comes to customer service. And the rates cannot be beat!

Having the car, for us, works out to be much, much less than taking taxi's to and from.

Hamilton Sq, NJ
Level Contributor
737 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kudos to Tropic Car Rental

Yep, Hans is THE best. This year we got a brand new Hyundai Accent, I was a bit worried. I tend to like a car with a bit of wear and tear on it as long as the AC works fine. The car was great and we returned it in great shape also. We did pay around $350 for the two weeks in November. Well worth it for us as we use it quite a bit and taxi's would have been more.

Teanne