We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aruba Harmony Apartments- Book at your own risk...

Texas
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Aruba Harmony Apartments- Book at your own risk...

Be very careful if you book at Aruba Harmony Apartments. The owner persuaded us to book with them. 3 days before our trip she cancelled our reservation. She said because we asked too many questions. I booked early January. I only sent her 10 emails and 5 of them were sent because she did not give us a clear answer (All we wanted was a “yes” or “no” answer). See, she convinced us to book with them at a discount rate so she can have the apartments booked then she found any excuse to cancel us so she can rent them later at a higher rate. I called her on the phone to apologize for whatever I did and begged her not to cancel because I have children and elders coming with me. She just hung up on me. Aruba Harmony Apartments is an unreliable establishment that would just do anything to get rid of you if they just don’t “like” you enough and they don’t care about any written agreements they have in place with the consumer. Their lack of professionalism cost us around $1300 more that what we had planed to spend because she had no time to refund our $300 deposit. She claims the credit card company is rejecting the refund and to deal with them. She told me these 5 hours before our trip. I will be glad to forward emails from them to proof she had no logical reason to cancel our reservation and to show you how rude they were to us. I guess, if the laws do not protect the tourist in Aruba, maybe you want to book with an American company and save yourself some stress. If you want copies of the emails, let me know.

-----
Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Aruba Harmony Apartments- Book at your own risk...

Thanks for the warning. I will stay away if we go to Aruba in May.

ok
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aruba Harmony Apartments- Book at your own risk...

hey 123cc

sorry to hear of your crappy situation. I'm going to aruba in june. I hope everything works out ok for you.

7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Aruba Harmony Apartments- Book at your own risk...

Dear Guest,

It would be very nice to contact us, instate of writing the facts who are not true!

You have send us so many e-mail even all the agreements are made.

Please try to understand that we offer very high service level, our apartments are so clean and that we have a limit in our accommodation.

So we hope that you understand when booking the 2 room grand suite, you will GET all the service for free...so every day cleaning etc. It's NOT possible to bring extra persons & tell us that you DON'T WANT cleaning to put the price down…

We are a very nice and luxury complex not a market place.

Our place is new, clean, well organised, we have only very nice guests.

Our place is Harmony…..we want to keep it this way.

Thank you very much.

Barbara Arenz

4. Re: Aruba Harmony Apartments- Book at your own risk...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2006, 11:57
5. Re: Aruba Harmony Apartments- Book at your own risk...

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2006, 11:54
6. Re: Aruba Harmony Apartments- Book at your own risk...

Removed on: 26 July 2006, 11:56
7. Re: Aruba Harmony Apartments- Book at your own risk...

8. Re: Aruba Harmony Apartments- Book at your own risk...

9. Re: Aruba Harmony Apartments- Book at your own risk...

Removed on: 26 July 2006, 11:57
Las Vegas
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Aruba Harmony Apartments- Book at your own risk...

Yes, you may have had a few satisfied clients. But, did you or did you not cancel their reservation just days before they were set to arrive in Aruba?