We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aruba All Inclusive or no?

Boston...
1 post
Save Topic
Aruba All Inclusive or no?

Hi, I am planning my honeymoon to aruba. We cant decide if we should go all inclusive or or not? What area is the best to stay in? Any thoughts would be a huge help.

Thanks

Aruba ATV Island Tour with Ayo...
236 Reviews
from US$78.00*
Aruba Catamaran Cruise, 2-Stop...
150 Reviews
from US$42.00*
Special Offer
Aruba Off-Road Island Tour: Arikok...
313 Reviews
from US$106.99*
US$111.78
Arikok National Park 4x4 Tour...
200 Reviews
from US$89.99*
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
265 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aruba All Inclusive or no?

Aruba all inclusive is the only way to go, there isn't too many places to head out too as the main hotels are situated just outside the main town. For one of the best sunsets you will ever see, head to the flying fish bone. Its about a $30 taxi away from the hotels but well worth it, you can get tables in the sea.

The main hotels are sitting on Palm Beach, just up the road from the capital orangjstad. I stayed in the 5star Riu Palace Aruba on an all inclusive basis, it was fantastic, and all the hotels are in the area look amazing as they share a very long beach. It is truly paradise.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
265 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aruba All Inclusive or no?

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g147249-d1…

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,585 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aruba All Inclusive or no?

For a Honeymoon I would choose Bucuti. It is all adult and the beach is IMO the best of Aruba. Plus you get to meet others on their Honeymoon. We rent a car for our stay, driving is easy. But they have cabs all over and the bus are very easy and cheep.

We love the Tara Suites at Bucuti but have stayed in regular rooms also and they are also nice.

They have many good resturants so would not go AI. We stay for 2 weeks, so when we first started going we would do 1 week AI (Divi) and 1 week Bucuti.

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,205 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aruba All Inclusive or no?

Even though one of favorite vacations in Aruba was at the Divi AI, I'm going to disagree with AI bekngmthe way to go. Aruba is lne lf the few vacation destinations that's pretty safe to travel around and has unbelievable restaurant choices. If you prefer AI when you travel do it, but if not read some of the expert recommendations on this forum and have some memorable honeymoon dinners.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aruba All Inclusive or no?

I have to totally disagree with dvrossi saying "it's the only way to go". Please read over to the right "Top Questions About Aruba" and see AI vs. Non-AI. For a honeymoon, I would suggest Bucuti. It is so safe to get around in Aruba, that experiencing all of the wonderful restaurants is half the fun.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,553 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aruba All Inclusive or no?

"Aruba all inclusive is the only way to go, there isn't too many places to head out too as the main hotels are situated just outside the main town"

------

I have to disagree with the above that someone else posted. There are a TON of wonderful restaurants (everything from casual to high end) located in the Palm Beach area that are walkable from the high rise hotels. There are also a handful of restaurants in the low rise hotel area and also some downtown. All of these areas are all within a 10-15 minute taxi ride, car rental, or bus ride from each other.

Personally, I would never do AI in Aruba. There are too many dining options and fun bars to go to and we love going out at night for dinner and drinks.

Link to restaurants (you can also click on the location page of the website to see where they're located:

http://www.restaurantsaruba.com/all.html

As far as best area to stay in depends on what you're looking for. Two main beach areas with hotels are Palm Beach (high rise hotels, lots of activity and alot to walk to) and Eagle Beach (low rise hotel area - smaller hotels, quiet beach, a few things to walk to but you're located between Palm Beach and downtown so easy access to everything within 10 minutes.)

7. Re: Aruba All Inclusive or no?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2013, 10:23