We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aruba - Jamaica - Dominion Republic -???

Carrollton, GA
Level Contributor
584 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Aruba - Jamaica - Dominion Republic -???

Wife and I planning our first Caribbean trip for last week in August 2012. Both in our mid-60's......Enjoy walking on beach, pool, free time, no tours, shopping, golf, gambling, shopping, good food, beach activities not necessary.....Prefer Adult only location. I liked DR, wife somewhat leery of this location. She likes Jamaica, my 2nd choice is Aruba. Would appreciate comments.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,845 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aruba - Jamaica - Dominion Republic -???

This is the Aruba forum, so there is a bias toward Aruba. I wouldn't consider the DR or Jamaica because I love the idea of wandering around Aruba without fear for my safety. Restaurants are top notch. People are friendly. No poverty. No comparison. Easiest choice possible. ARUBA.

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,080 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aruba - Jamaica - Dominion Republic -???

Given the choice, the DR would be an easy third. I loved the Seven Mile Beach in Jamaica, but Aruba is a short and easy ride from the airport and every night we can walk the beacb or around Palm Beach to dinner. The restaurant choices are terrific and we never tire of going there.

Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
110 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aruba - Jamaica - Dominion Republic -???

Been to all three and no doubt Aruba is first choice, then Jamaica. Love Aruba because it is easy to drive around, people are great although very laid back so do not go to dinner when your hungry , go before . Also so many different places to eat, beaches are great, we just drive up the coast pull over and snorkel - Jamaica I only go AI and most often stay on the resort other than a tour - Aruba just more open, safe, and friendly to us -

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,627 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aruba - Jamaica - Dominion Republic -???

Each place is special. We like each location for our own reasons. Why worry about a place.? Read about. Aruba is safe, you can leave the resort. People are friendly and will talk to you. Food is good and we can drink the water. What is there to be concerned about? Leave the resort. Go into town. . If you are concerned, maybe this isn't the place... There are other islands.... We on this forum like Aruba

Safe travels where ever you go....

5. Re: Aruba - Jamaica - Dominion Republic -???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2013, 10:29