We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel time between airpot and marriott

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
travel time between airpot and marriott

I was hoping someone could tell me how long you would expect it to take to go to the Marriott from the airport by car. Our plane arrives 1 1/2 hours earlier than the other couple we are going with and we would like to get the car, drop off our luggage and come back to pick them up since we don't think the little rental car will hold the 4 of us and the luggage that includes scuba gear.

Do you think this is possible?

Thanks

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,171 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel time between airpot and marriott

Depends on the traffic downtown....if traffic is light then I would say about 20 minutes.

Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: travel time between airpot and marriott

On two occasions this past December it took us 45-55 minutes just to get through the downtown traffic. The backup started about 1/4 mile after leaving the airport and didn't let up until we reached the Valero station. A lot depends on time of day and how many cruise ships are in.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel time between airpot and marriott

Even though it is possible, if there's a line at the car rental place and at the Marriott for check in, and if there is traffic, you might not have enough time.

Olrando
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel time between airpot and marriott

One bushwacker!!!

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel time between airpot and marriott

Thanks for the replies, I always appreciate the help I get on trip advisor!

Boston
Level Contributor
109 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel time between airpot and marriott

Either way, you're right 4 persons luggage and scuba gear will not fit in a rental. They may have to wait a little bit for you, but at least you'll all fit in the car if you drop off your luggage first!

7. Re: travel time between airpot and marriott

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2013, 10:19