We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Druif Beach versus Palm/Eagle

Texas
Level Contributor
73 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Druif Beach versus Palm/Eagle

We are deciding between a Divi resport on Druif and another Divi that sits between Palm and Eagle. I know that Palm and Eagle are the renowned beaches on the Island and that I am probably splitting hairs, but I wanted some opinions on the differences between Druif and Palm/Eagle and what we can expect in terms of water clarity and activities.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,036 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Druif Beach versus Palm/Eagle

Eagle Beach and Druif Beach are connected - one just runs into the other one so it's just one long beach.

Palm Beach is separated - you can walk along the road between Eagle and Palm Beach but they do not run together.

What is the other resort you're considering? The Phoenix (a Divi property) is located at the south end of Palm Beach.

Palm Beach will be more active, more people, more activites, and more to walk to as far as restaurants, etc.

Both Eagle Beach and Druif Beach are quieter and will have better water clarity since all of the motorized boats leave from piers on Palm Beach. There are a few things to walk to but not as much as Palm Beach and it will be pretty quiet at night. But Palm Beach and downtown are an easy 10 minute taxi/bus/car rental ride away in either direction.

Edited: 09 February 2012, 18:02
Texas
Level Contributor
73 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Druif Beach versus Palm/Eagle

Thanks for the good info. The other property is the Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort.

Looks like the Phoenix will be right on the beach, whereas the Village is a very short walk from the water.

So it sounds like the water might be better at Druif for swimming and snorkeling as opposed to the Phoenix on Palm?

But more activity at the Phoenix?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,036 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Druif Beach versus Palm/Eagle

Both beaches are good for swimming. Neither beach is good for snorkeling. There is no good snorkeling from any of the resort beaches. You need to go about 10 minutes north of the Palm Beach area for snorkeling from shore or take a snorkel cruise.

Yes, more activiity on Palm Beach that is easy to walk to.

Texas
Level Contributor
73 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Druif Beach versus Palm/Eagle

What makes them unsuitable for snorkeling? I'm not an expert or knowledgable snorkeler but I have a lot of fun with it.

Are the waters clear at these resorts?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,036 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Druif Beach versus Palm/Eagle

Clear but a sandy bottom which means very few fish but great for swimming.. You need coral, a reef, etc to see an abundance of fish.

Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,828 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Druif Beach versus Palm/Eagle

I swim and snorkel all the time from the Divi Divi beach...very clear and very lifeless except for starfish ....but I love the beach for the lack of activity and crowds....the Divi golf resort is just across the street and there are golf carts to drive you anywhere....not a pain at all

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
838 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Druif Beach versus Palm/Eagle

We were just at the Divi Phoenix and there are some manmade jetties that are worth a snorkel. It's not as good as snorkeling over coral reef, but we did see some fish and a little lobster. Also maybe a peacock flounder.

If there's no surf, it's pleasant, but nowhere near as good as Arashi Beach, Pos Chiquito or Boca Catalina.

Texas
Level Contributor
73 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Druif Beach versus Palm/Eagle

@lary - What's the Divi Divi beach?

@Mooth - How clear was the water at the Phoenix? And how were the swimming conditions?

Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,828 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Druif Beach versus Palm/Eagle

Sorry for the confusion....I was referring to the area in front of the Divi Divi resort...

Texas
Level Contributor
73 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Druif Beach versus Palm/Eagle

Are you referring to Divi Village Golf and Beach?