We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aruba with kids

new jersey
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Aruba with kids

We are going to Aruba with two kids 4 and 6 years old in april.Should we stay at AI or not? If not AI is there a nice hotel with walking distance to restaurants?How much will we spend for food in a week?Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aruba with kids

We are going to Aruba with our kids ages 5 and 7. We have never stayed in an AI resort before but after much research and talking to others, it seemed like it would make the most sense. I figure we can always eat off resort once or twice if we want a change. We are booked at the Tamarijn and looking forward to the trip.

new jersey
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aruba with kids

I was looking at Tamarijin and I really liked it but my husband wants something fancier.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,285 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aruba with kids

The Riu would be fancier for AI, The Occidental as well. Or, if you don't want AI, look at the Radisson and check with MCM Tours to book. They often have great deals.

Michigan
Level Contributor
85 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aruba with kids

We've been traveling to Aruba with our son (now 9) since he was two. For convenience to shopping and dining, I would stay on palm beach...loads of restaurants you can walk to in the evenings, as well as two nice movie theaters. Plus lots of beach activities just outside your door. Top hotels include the Marriott, the Hyatt, the Radisson and the Westin. We own at Marriott's Aruba Surf Club, which is great with kids...full kitchen, in unit laundry and awesome pools (with a waterslide and lazy river.)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
518 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aruba with kids

Another vote for Palm Beach. For the past two years, I stayed at the Radisson with my son, who is now four. Plenty of restaurants, at every price point, within walking distance. It'sa personal preference, but I would never opt for AI in Aruba.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aruba with kids

I guess you might also want to think about the time of year you are going. If it's high season, from what I have heard and pictures I have seen, the high rise area is very crowded. For us, that is not at all appealing as I want space on the beach. We live in NYC and eat at great restaurants all the time. So for our trip, our priority was a calm, laid back beach. However, that is obviously a personal preference and if more upscale accommodations are more important, then I think Palm Beach looks like a great choice. If I was staying at Palm Beach, I don't think I would choose AI as there seems to be so many choices for restaurants in the area.

new jersey
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Aruba with kids

Thanks everyone.If I choose not all inclusive how much will we spend for food in a week.I like Hyatt but its almost the same price as Tam just food it's not included.

8. Re: Aruba with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2013, 10:31