We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bucuti Rooms

scottsdale
Level Contributor
29 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Bucuti Rooms

I have just booked a Deluxe Room at Bucuti -- but a Bungalo and Tara Beach Suite are also available. Does anyone have input as to whether I should upgrade for my sister and me.?

Maine
Level Contributor
180 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bucuti Rooms

Bungalo's are near the pool , and restaurant.... lots of foot traffic near them.... and near the bathrooms for pool restaurant area. IMO not worth an upgrade.

Tara is lovely, has King bed.. and great views ... but Again having stayed there once ,we have choosen a Superior ( even numbered room) for the last 3 years....

i would save some money and use your red flag a few extra times or enjoy some of arubas fine restaurants.....

scottsdale
Level Contributor
29 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bucuti Rooms

Your input is much appreciated!

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,466 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bucuti Rooms

If you are sitting out on the small balcony area of the bungalow, you will have people walking by you all day. Note that this is also true for the 2 Deluxe ground floor ocean view rooms at Bucuti. One of the main entrances to the building is in the middle, which has a unit on each side.

If you can, request a Deluxe room on a higher floor.

NJ
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bucuti Rooms

I would tend to disagree a little. I have never stayed in a bungalo, but those that do, usually have great things to say about it. It has a great layout inside. Foot traffic? It's not that busy and when are you usually sitting on your patio? Early in the morning & late in the afternoon, the beach is quiet those times of the day. That being said, if it's your first time and you can spare the extra $$, I would opt for a Tara room,, the view is to die for, the room is twice the size as a regular room, that is what we have booked the last 6 years. My son stayed in a superior room and it was fine, but not as large. Depends on what you want.

The Villages...
Level Contributor
941 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bucuti Rooms

We stay in the Tara Suites every time, but our son stayed in the Deluxe and loved it. We may try it next time and save some money. If you are ok with just one room instead of a suite, the Deluxe is the way to go. So many incredible restaurants to spend the money at instead.

NJ
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bucuti Rooms

So when you stayed in the Tara room, you didn't eat? LOL

San Rafael...
Level Contributor
92 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bucuti Rooms

Aruba is about the food, beach and relaxation. Your room should be lovely at the Tara (those suites are newer than the bungalos) and the view is great. What matters most is that you are right there on gorgeous and pristine Eagle Beach.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bucuti Rooms

I agree, I'd never book a bungalo. As mentioned, the bathrooms are next to them, they are by the restaurant and there is a lot of foot traffic.

I've stayed in every type of room at the Bucuti, and while the Tara Suites are lovely, they are expensive. For the money, my favorite rooms are the Deluxe rooms. Nice balcony, ocean view and not so expensive.

And, if you are traveling with your sister, the Deluxe rooms have two beds.

Edited: 29 February 2012, 17:08
North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,938 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bucuti Rooms

I agree with gracie-boo.

scottsdale
Level Contributor
29 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bucuti Rooms

We decided to pop for a Tara Beach Suite -- closer to beach and my sister usually sleeps on a couch if it's available -- so...that's what we changed to. Thanks for all of the comments. We will offer our own when we return.

Mel