We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Divi Golf & Ocean Resort vs Marroitt Ocean Club

Florida Keys...
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Divi Golf & Ocean Resort vs Marroitt Ocean Club

We are planning a week in Aruba mid june, traveling will be my husband and I and 5 year old daughter. We are exchanging a time share so have narrowed down from our options to Divi Golf & Ocean Resort ( Eagle beach) or Marriott Ocean Club ( Palm Beach) we generally prefer a more low key atmoshere so was leaning towards the Divi: but I am concerned that it is not on the beach, (a "short walk" is long with a 5 year old in hot sun!) and also have seen a few posts that surf can be rough on this portion of eagle beach? Also are there any restaurant options with in walking distance? Do not mind taking a cab or rental car to explore busier area on a few afternoons. I assume the rooms are probably nicer at Marriott but not sure. Any advise on the better choice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Janesville...
Level Contributor
710 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Divi Golf & Ocean Resort vs Marroitt Ocean Club

We've stayed at both (Marriott 6x and Divi Golf 1x) and we love each area for different reasons. We usually like to stay on Palm Beach vs Eagle Beach since we like the action it offers.

Even with a 5 yr old and "baggage" I don't think the walk is going to be too long to the beach if you stay at Divi. It could be just as long or longer if you were at the Marriott in a room closer to the parking lot vs the beach. The pools at both places are nice, but I think the crowds at the Marriott will be worse so the Divi would win on that. As far as rough surf.... there is more of a "slope" in some areas of the Divi's beach which might make the waves crash a little stronger, but again I think the Divi is better. You can never count on how strong the wind is going to be, only that their should be some and you'll be happy for that.... that would be the worst of staying at the Divi. I think the big Marriott buildings block some of the wind so the sand doesn't blow around as much as it would if it was really windy at the Divi. Nothing you can do about it though.

Marriott rooms are very nice, but the buildings around the newer pool at the Divi are really nice as well. The look of the Divi IMO is much more peaceful and quaint than Marriott- but that's the difference between Eagle & Palm Beach. Mid- June will not be really busy though so you won't be fighting crowds no matter what.

Enjoy your trip!

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,062 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Divi Golf & Ocean Resort vs Marroitt Ocean Club

Funny, but my initial reaction was that it could be a long walk for a five year old in the hot Sun. When we stayed at the Golf, we were in

buildings on the far side of the pool. That was a hike for us with all that we carried. You can request that a golf cart pick you up so it doesn't have to be a deal breaker if that's where you want to stay. We are real beach people though and preferred staying on the beach.

Yarmouth Port...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Divi Golf & Ocean Resort vs Marroitt Ocean Club

the walk from the divi golf to the beach will be in the sun but you can cut through the divi village (mostly shaded) for part of the walk. there are a limited number of palapas on druif beach and they are very close to the road. the walk from the palapas to the water is far and the sand can be really hot. the water is generally calm depending o the weather.

we have stayed at the marriott surf club 3 times, we liked it, but prefer the divi golf because it is less crowded and has a better beach imo. we have a timeshare at the golf.

4. Re: Divi Golf & Ocean Resort vs Marroitt Ocean Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 18:16