We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfare

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
126 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Airfare

We are looking ahead to airfare for November and it's much more than we have paid iin the past 20 years! Jet Blue is out of sight. The others are around $600 but the times are not very good. What is happening here? Is everyone paying these ridiculous prices?

Thanks! Darlene

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airfare

I've seen this same topic on other forums. Seems everyone is seeing higher prices, but the constant I read is Jet Blue out of Boston. Now that Jet Blue has no competition for the nonstop business to Aruba out of Logan, they can do pretty much what they want. Lots of New Englanders go to Aruba yearly, hope this doesn't hurt their already hurting tourist business.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airfare

You don't list your travel dates, but DL seems to offer flights on many dates, with a connection in ATL, for ~$488. Fuel prices are up, airlines have cut routes, and planes are flying pretty full. High demand = high prices.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
126 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airfare

Where did you see DL at $488? That would be great.

Thanks!~

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,775 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airfare

Article in USA weekend stated airfares for summer travel will be up again. It usually is.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airfare

Where did you see DL at $488? That would be great

On DL's webpage. You also might want to use this site to search:

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
126 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airfare

Thanks gracie-boo!!! That was very helpful. Appreciate it.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airfare

Just wait until The Ritz, Hardrock, Sands, Aqua and what ever gets built, Supply and demand! Aruba air is only going in one direction.

CT
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airfare

Airfare is so crazy right now outta jfk in the late summer, that it's cheaper for us to go 8 all inclusve nights than 7!! (pending the dates)...

new york
Level Contributor
91 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airfare

Jet Blue out of NY JFK is $ 1360 for thanksgiving week; Delta about the same; I don't know what to do ?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airfare

You don't give your exact dates, but you can find cheaper fares. Use the website already given. I see fares for $503 JFK-BOG-AUA depart 18 Nov, return 25 Nov on Avianca. You are going to really pay for a nonstop; an outrageous price, IMO.