We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report! 5/26 - 6/2... Paradise

Moorestown, New...
Level Contributor
85 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report! 5/26 - 6/2... Paradise

Trip Report - 5/26 - 6/2

Summary = FANTASTIC, near-paradise-like days… will surely return in the near future! We loved Aruba and all of the great things I've been hearing for YEARS are all true! Wow! It sure is One Happy Island!

So here we go, concise and to the point:

(and these are the things that matter to me most, which I'm sure many will agree!)

Lodging:

We were pleasantly surprised by the Divi Dutch Village. There are always so many dicey reviews of all kinds of places… so… I checked in with you experts and just hoped for the best. It was GREAT!

Our room was nice, clean, and very cozy. We had a 2-bedroom and it was paces from the pristine, almost too gorgeous to believe Druif Beach. I must say, Eagle beach sure was divine… but Druif (to me) was just as heavenly. Amazing! So that really made our stay at Divi Dutch great. Close to food stores, the bus stops, cabs, etc. Lovely pools, too!!! We had a wild time at the Bunker Bar on our 1st full day, with the setting and cocktails making for a memorable day never to be forgotten!!! I slept like a baby every night, and the AC temp was perfectly ICY cold when we needed it to be. Again, I was thrilled to have such a nice place to stay and THEN some. Whew!!! We loved it!

Weather:

I know, i know.. we can't control mother nature… but MAN did we luck out. Each day was a blissful romp in gorgeous sun, SOME clouds, but sun sun sun. And lovely sunsets as well… it really was perfect. I can't say any more here! Gorgeous!!!

Cuisine:

Well, we did some of our own research here, and I had some input from pals, too… Overall, a little pricey… but that's vacation, no? We loved El Gaucho… i had one of the finest cuts of meat in my life… and the sauces that came out with the meats… were heavenly. We also loved Tulip, and thats where i had an Aruban dish (that's name escapes me) that was SUPER delicious. Smokey Joe's was fun and just as yummy… as well as other various places through our week. In this category, I wish we had 2 full weeks to hit other spots that were on my list… next time! Overall, delicious.

Beaches:

Again … near-perfection. Druif (where we were situated) was heavenly… Gorgeous turquoise waters and white powdery sand. I took SUPER long walks all the way past Bucuti and down to Passions… all beaches (Eagle) … were just superb. If you visit and rarely take dips in the gorgeous sea, you need meds! Hhahaha!!! Baby beach - WOW. it was like a giant, crystalline actual POOL - but better than even the FINEST swimming pools I've stepped foot in. Next time, i want to devote an ENTIRE day for that. Amazing. With only one week to play with, thats as much as we did beach-wise.. but every millisecond on EACH and every part was to die for. Simply stunning.

Winward Side

One day we rented a Jeep Laredo and did the sightseeing stuff. It was a rugged, fun, and adventurously GREAT day!!! Donkey Land, the lighthouse, a neato rock formation area (it was GodLike)… and natural bridge. Here's the kicker… on the ride to natural bridge, we noticed a large cliff-like area, semi-next to what i can only describe as nature's own, massive wave pool. The sights and vistas here were so gorgeous, so massive… so incredibly beautiful…. i swear to you all… i totally began to cry. HAHAH! DONT laugh, its true. In my short time here, Ive never seen such a pretty sight. I still can't explain it… our pics are great but even THEY cannot convey this chunk of my day… I was never more appreciative of this wonderful, powerful yet fragile Earth. Unreal. So then off to the natural bridge, and that was fantastic. I found myself a little natural "pool" and stacked some rocks and made a wish. All the while, giant waves were breaking near me, cooling me off with seaspray. I couldn't have planned this if i tried. Once that was all over, we drove back and thats when we stopped at Baby Beach and yet again my jaw dropped. AWESOME!

Misc/Funny Stuff

So while staying at Divi Dutch, I would toodle on down to the Beach and the Tam at night just to see people and enjoy some "nightlife". Im fine with staying in, making drinks and chatting… but i was always up the latest so I did venture just paces down the beach to the Tam. So much fun! I met cool people, had delicious drinks, and best of all… sang "hungry like the wolf" with a lovely friend i made. I tell ya what, we kicked it!!!! it was AWESOME! Ahhhh…… I giggled and was proud for days. I even planned a day to hit the Bucuti webcam area by 9am, and from home… my coworker went to the link, saw me in real time and took about 32 screen shots of me on the cam! HAHHAA! it worked!!!! Of course, i met great people there, too…. while standing in the webcam area. A lovely couple from RI where the ones who suggested Tulip for dinner… and man, was it delicious.

So…..

our trip was a raging success and totally relaxing, fun, beautiful, and delicious. If you haven't been to Aruba…

START PLANNING A TRIP NOW!!!

It was the closest thing I've seen to this day of … Paradise.

vince

PS. if anyone wants to know more, or see pics... send me a message and we'll work it out!!!

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,244 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report! 5/26 - 6/2... Paradise

Glad you had such a great time, and sounds like it won't be your last visit to One Happy Island!!! :)

Moorestown, New...
Level Contributor
85 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report! 5/26 - 6/2... Paradise

HAHAH!

yes, we surely WILL return... lovely!

oh, and we DID do the Aloe Tour... fantastic!!!

:))

V

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report! 5/26 - 6/2... Paradise

That's what I call a fun trip report! Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

May I suggest, until your return trip, visit the forum occasionally. It's how I get my 'in-between' fix of Aruba...living vicariously through others!

Asherton, Texas
Level Contributor
151 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report! 5/26 - 6/2... Paradise

Sounds wonderful; did u ever make it to Palm Beach. We are staying at the Divi Phoenix in July and hopefully things go well. I wanted to be closer to the action but after reading how beautiful Druif and Eagle were im thinking i should have stayed at the dutch village. oh well we will have to cab to eagle and baby beaches for a few days. Glad you had a good time cant wait tog et to Aruba.

Forest Hill...
Level Contributor
396 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report! 5/26 - 6/2... Paradise

Enjoyed reading your trip report Sounds like you had a great time.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,244 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report! 5/26 - 6/2... Paradise

Keeburna, the beach at the Phoenix, IMO, is wonderful.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,308 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report! 5/26 - 6/2... Paradise

Glad you had fun. Welcome home.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report! 5/26 - 6/2... Paradise

Loved, loved, loved your trip report and your enthusiasm for Aruba. We are 10 days out and I can't wait. Thanks for giving me my Aruba fix. Glad you enjoyed your first trip out. Aruba is addicting isn't it?!

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,489 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report! 5/26 - 6/2... Paradise

So, Vince, it's not terribly clear...did you enjoy yourselves?

LOL I'm so glad you had a good time. I was a little nervous--you went in with such high expectations. I'm happy Aruba met and exceeded them!

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report! 5/26 - 6/2... Paradise

Great TR, so glad you had a great time!