We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Next week's weather not looking so good.

Washingtonville, NY
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Next week's weather not looking so good.

Just checked weather.com for the weather for my upcoming trip (we arrive this friday) and the weather doesn't look so good. Lots of cloudy, windy days, rain and thunderstorms. I know you can't control the weather, but is this normal weather for Aruba for the first week of July? I would expect this in Miami. Is there any chance it's more sunny in Palm Beach than in Oranjestad? I'm hopeful. :)

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Next week's weather not looking so good.

Hello,

We've been in July and August for the past few years and the weather forecast always has seemed to say rain. It always ends up being perfect! Maybe a few minutes/hour of rain, but nothing significant. We are heading to Aruba on the 4th of July and did notice the forecast but aren't worrying! It will be sunny and always windy!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,935 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Next week's weather not looking so good.

On the right hand side of the page under Top Questions for Aruba please read: Why does the weather forecast say rain

CT
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Next week's weather not looking so good.

the rain question should be a sticky... :)

short of a hurricane or tropical storm, there is really no need to dial into the aruba weather. There really arent weather forecasts on the island either. it's very odd.... its always hot... .Sunny... Any every now and then it rains.

now and again, you will hear of a wash out of a week, but that is extremely rare.

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Next week's weather not looking so good.

I fly out on Saturday and was also worried about this. I am viewing via my iPhone and don't have any options to the right (or left) would it be possible to post a link to that question

Thanks

Bethlehem, New York
Level Contributor
189 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Next week's weather not looking so good.

One question you should ask yourself...

Will I cancel the trip if there is rain or bad weather forecasted? If not, just kick back and enjoy the time that you have there with your loved ones. Nothing you can do about the weather!! (I know, easier said than done)

Edited: 27 June 2012, 22:03
CT
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Next week's weather not looking so good.

230612, click the link here tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147249-i151-k4464…

Edited: 27 June 2012, 22:05
Washingtonville, NY
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Next week's weather not looking so good.

I did see the links. The bad weather is only on weather.com. My iPhone says it'll be sunny. That's y I love my iPhone. Lol

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Next week's weather not looking so good.

DO NOT USE WEATHER.COM For some unknown unGodly reason they use a canned forecast.

How does a weatherman hedge his bets on a shower? Forecast rain. The Weather Channel never received the memo that Aruba only receives about 21 inches (533 mm) of rain per year.

ONLY use the local forecast from the Aruba Meteorological Service

http://www.meteo.aw/marckforecast.php

Long Island NY
Level Contributor
580 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Next week's weather not looking so good.

Thanks for that weather link. At one point i saw on the UV index on low for Aruba on weather.com. Didnt think that could happen in Aruba. Windy days are to be expected in Aruba from what i hear. It actually helps with the heat.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Next week's weather not looking so good.

Winds are worse during the day than at night. Today winds were 20-24 mph.

It is the windiest time of the year. The Hi-Winds Windsurfing/Kitesurfing Tournament is this weekend :)