We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tam - renovated blocks

liverpool
4 posts
Save Topic
Tam - renovated blocks

We are going to the Tam, arriving next Friday. I'm just wondering if anyone could tell me which blocks have been renovated. First time to Aruba and soo excited!

Bebington, United...
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tam - renovated blocks

Not too sure Janb, havent been yet, but if you read through the threads they seem to have started at the lower numbers, (Blocks closest to the Divi) and moved along. If you follow some of the threads they seem to be making good progress so as long as you ask for one of the lower numbers you should be fine.

Someone else may be along soon who has been there more recently with the latest news.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,937 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tam - renovated blocks

jan - best I can gather from the reports... 11-13 are done (were done last summer along with 24 & 25) and then 18-25 are done per reports here.... possibly 17 as well...

it appears 16, 15, 14 will be the last ones... .

If you are arriving next friday I am guessing they may very well have it planned which room you will be in as it appears the resort is fully booked.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,927 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tam - renovated blocks

If you did want to request a specific building, I would email them TODAY reservation@megaresorts.com

I usually give them our preference for first and second choice, be sure to include ground floor or 2nd floor. Both have pro's and con's. Some like the ability to walk right out on to the beach. Some think 2nd floor offers a better view as well as a feeling of security. FWIW, the ground floor rooms have security bars. We have always had ground floor rooms and never had any issues and have always felt safe. We do not leave any of our belongings out on the patio.

According to their own website:

Divi is sold out July 18 - 24

Tamarijn is sold out July 20 - 25

Dutch Village is not sold out at all as of yet

All four times that we have stayed at the Tamarijn they have been sold out for at least a portion of the time that we were there. The pool area will be crowded, but other than that, you would not know that the resort is full so no worries there.

liverpool
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tam - renovated blocks

Thanks for the quick replies. Think I will email as suggested to put in request for preferred block

5. Re: Tam - renovated blocks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2013, 10:15