We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drowning

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
339 posts
Save Topic
Drowning

A tourist fell overboard on a Red Sail snorkel trip and drowned. Apparently they didnt notice til some time had gone by. Strange.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,206 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drowning

More info pls.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,894 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drowning

The local papers state that Mr. Paul Gold was in the water, diving with a Red Sail guide, when the guide realized that he was missing. An alarm was executed, and the lifeless body was found among the mangrove. The police reported that the diving equipment has been confiscated for investigation for probable malfunction.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drowning

How awful. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drowning

Unfortunately people rarely associate scuba diving with deadly risks, unfortunately the danger is there and safety is always of utmost importance.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,852 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drowning

I feel awful for this man and his family. As with any diving accident, all the usual questions pop into ones head...... like where was his dive buddy??

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,206 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drowning

How awful. Not a snorkel trip but a diving accident with Red Sail? Wow! My heart and thoughts go out to the family.

Revere...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Drowning

He was our friend....and he did not fell aboard...he did not even reach the boat, the captain of the boat saw him going down motionless and did nothing cause he said he is not allowed to leave the boat.....We wen through hell ....everybody was saying different stories and we don't know what went wrong. We did not have a chance to talk to the captain cause suddenly he was nowhere to be found and even we asked for an autopsy, it was not done cause suddenly there were no doctors on the island.......A huge cover up by Arubians and I guess we never will find out what really happen to our fiend, husband and father......:/

Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,826 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Drowning

????

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Drowning

Questionable post. Very questionable.

New York
Level Contributor
758 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Drowning

I agree Arubamasc, "we asked for an autopsy, it was not done cause suddenly there were no doctors on the island.....I guess we never will find out what really happen to our fiend" An autopsy in the states perhaps would help. In addition, the Captain was not the only one on board to assist.... Was Gintare_12 also there at the time of tragic incident........